f i v e

Since I was alone in the room, I decided to have a look around. There were very few photos placed in her room and those that were dated back when she was a little girl. On her desk sat a photo of little Felicity in her father's arms as he raised her to the sky. She was grinning widely, her winter hat sat lopsided on her head and her legs stretched out in the sky. Her happiness was reflected in her father's eyes, crinkled with joy and his grin was just as big as hers. I think they were in Central Park during the winter when it was snowing. There was this happiness I didn't see in Felicity's eyes anymore.

She was hiding something. I couldn't bring myself to find out because I was hiding something too. Next to her bed was a picture of her mother and her father, holding her. They looked like the typical American family, who had a white house with a picket fence and a well kept green lawn. Her mother was incredibly beautiful, with luscious golden locks, sparkling brown eyes, a fair complexion with a light pink blush and perfect teeth. I was jealous of her from just the picture. She didn't seem like the controlling type or cold and calculating like the house wild suggest. No, she seemed like the kind of woman who loved her family and projected warmth, just like my mother did.

"He passed away." Felicity stated. I jumped, setting the photoframe down.

"I'm sorry." I said, sympathetically.

"My dad died five years ago when I was thirteen. It was a shock when he contracted lung cancer. He wasn't a smoker, didn't drink excessively. But I guess you can't tell when these things happen can you?" She smiled sadly.

"No I guess you can't." I agreed, shrugging. Suddenly the sombre mood was lifted when we heard the front door slam close. "Expecting anyone?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Oh that's probably my step brother." She said casually, smiling cheekily.

"You have a step brother?" I asked.

"Yeah last year my mom remarried this man. She's never been the same since my dad died but my step-dad makes her happy and I can't say anything. This house was designed to suit their high flying lifestyle of theirs." She shrugged. I heard her step-brother storming around the house, banging the doors.

"Is he always this noisy?" I asked.

"No I think he had a bad day." She told me. "I think you might like him." She smirked. I narrowed my eyes at her. I heard him thumping up the stairs and then made his way to Felicity's room.

"Felicity?" an annoyingly familiar voice sounded.

"Christian?"

"Nerd?" we both looked at each other, shocked.

"What are you doing here?" he asked. "Couldn't stay away from me?"

"Felicity invited me. I didn't know you were her step brother." I retorted.

"I know you want me, after all I'm hard to resist." He smirked cockily. I wanted to slap that stupid smirk of his face.

"What... what are you doing?" I asked as he took a step towards me, invading my personal bubble.

"Nothing. Why am I making you nervous?" He continued smirking.

"Did you want something?" Felicity asked, grinning at me.

"Yeah I did actually, I wanted to tell you not to wait up for dinner I'm going out so I won't be home for dinner." He replied walking out the door.

"How can you stand him?" I groaned.

"He's not that bad when you get to know him." Felicity smiled at me.

"But he's so rude and arrogant." I moaned. "Don't forget cocky too."