s i x

I caught the train and made it to school by 8.00 but since school didn't start until 8.25, I just made my way to the library. But not before stopping at the bathroom to put on my blazer and take off my pants and hoodie, which I stuffed into my backpack.

Gravitating towards the crime fiction section, I pulled out a book by James Patterson and sat cross legged on the floor to read. I was sucked into the story right away and was only interrupted when the morning bell rang. I checked the book out before hurrying to my homeroom. I took a deep breath before entering the room. I took my seat at the back of the classroom and pulled out my book. I plugged my iPod in and let the music take away my concentration from the people in my class.

"Here miss." I said when my name was called. The first bell rang and I pulled my earphones out and made my way to Enriched chemistry. Being an honors student, meant that all my classes were advanced placement classes, except math apparently. I slid into an empty lab table while my classmates filtered in chatting with their friends.

A tall, yet plump balding middle aged man strolled into the classroom, his hands full with new textbooks. He pushed his too big for his face glasses up his nose and straightened his tie.

"So enriched chemistry then?" He said. No one answered. I furrowed my eyebrows at him.

"Turn to page five and we'll start on some oxidation reactions." He instructed.

"Sir we don't have the books." One girl told him.

"Why don't you have your book?" age asked sternly.

"Uh... because you have them." She replied calmly. He looked flustered when she gave her answer.

"Yes, yes of course. Here they are, how about you give them out and then we can start the lesson." He replied, stumbling over his words.

I didn't understand how this man became a teacher if he was easily flustered and highly disorganized. I just turned to page five and began reading about alcohols and aldehydes. We were to oxidise alcohols into aldehydes and then finally into carboxylic acids. Seemed fairly easy. I gathered what I needed for the experiment and placed them on my workbench. I worked through the procedure and made the required end products.

Chemistry whizzed by with no interruptions and no breakage of any test tubes. I collected my books and binder before leaving the classroom and my bench clean. I found Jess at my locker with another boy. He was quite tall and had a blonde mop but I couldn't see any more than that since his back was turned to me.

"Who is this?" I asked Jess, though as soon as the words left my mouth I knew. He looked exactly like Jess except a taller, slightly more tanned version of her.

"This is..."

"Hi, I'm Oliver."

"My twin brother." She grinned widely.

"You must be Rori then?" He asked.

"The one and only." I shrugged.

"Jess has told me so much about you." He said, as we walked down the corridor towards the bleachers.

"We've only just met, I can't think of anything she would say to you." I said truthfully.

"I can say, you look more beautiful of person that she makes you out to be." He smirked. I blushed a deep red. I was never good enough to handle my blushes. Once I blushed I couldn't control it.

"You're joking." I muttered looking away.

"If only I were." He grinned.

"Stop flirting with Rori and go hang out with your own friends." Jess demanded punching his bicep.