t w e n t y - t h r e e

It felt so good to slip into my comfortable jeans and Chucks. Felicity had tried to convince me to borrow one of her scraps of material which she called a bikini but I told her I wasn't going to be swimming. She finally gave up when she realised we were running late for the 'party of the year'.

We met the rest of our party at the front door before making our way to the parking lot in the basement. "So how are we going to do this?" Lucas asked.

"My car seats five people." Ben said.

"I can take my Camaro." Christian suggested.

"Okay I'm going with with Ben!" Felicity and Jess exclaimed. Of course by extension their dates accompanied them, which left me and Christian.

"Guess you're coming with me." He smirked.

"Guess I am." I muttered, staring at the Camaro.

"Race you there." Ben cried, jumping into the driver's seat. The rest of our friends followed his suit and before we had stepped foot in the car he had already started the car. Christian strode to the driver's seat while I trailed behind him. My hand hesitated on the handle as I stared at it.

"You coming in?" Christian asked, leaning over the seat to speak through the open window.

"Uh." I smiled nervously, before taking a deep breath and opening the door. I clipped my seat belt in and clutched the seat tightly. "Put your seatbelt on." I said.

"It's not that far." He rolled his eyes.

"I don't care. Put your seatbelt on." I gritted out.

"Come on, it's like twenty minutes away." He moaned.

"Christian just put the stupid seatbelt on!" I cried out. His eyes widened and pursed his lips before putting the seat belt across his chest.

"Something happened to you which involved cars didn't it?" he asked.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I muttered.

"You're afraid of bike and cars, judging by your pale face and the death grip on my leather. You shouted at me to put my seatbelt on. There's something more here." He noticed.

"I... I can't tell you." I whispered.

"Why not?"

"I can't."

"Why?" he pushed.

"Can you just leave it?" I looked at him.

"For now." He muttered. "So are you wearing a sexy bikini under your clothes?" he wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

"No. Perv." I chuckled.

"You not swimming?" His eyebrows furrowed.

"Well no. I didn't wear a bikini purposefully."

"Oh."

"I can't swim." I told him.

"I can teach you." He smirked.

"No thanks." I rolled my eyes.

"Why you think you'll be too distracted by sexy body?"

"Of course not. I just don't want to learn how to swim."

"I never apologised for snapping at you the other day. I didn't mean everything that was said. It's just that I was scared, and anger was the only way I could hide it." I admitted. Christian parked the car beside the sidewalk turned off the engine before turning to me.

"I'm sorry I snapped at you too. I was angry that you suddenly changed and acted so hostile. But Rori, let me tell you something. You should never feel scared with me. Ever. Whatever you're scared of let me help you." He placed a hand on my cheek.