Mission Impossible

The school was no longer there. It was nothing but damaged pieces and ashes. For one thing, everybody was outside and away from harm. All the kids and teachers were safe.

Scott parks and got out of the car. "What happened?" Scott demanded. "Where's Alex? Where's my brother?"

"I'm pretty sure I got everybody." The boy with silver hair told him.

As Jean, Kurt, Jubilee, and Harley got out of the car, they stood behind Scott. Dr. McCoy takes a step closer and sadly sighs, "Alex was closest to the blast."

At the moment, Scott takes off to the damaged house. Jean runs after him as well as Harley and Kurt. Everything was burnt to the ground. The smell of smoke was suffocating to them, but they ignored it as they ran through.

Once Scott stops, he realizes that he was at the spot where his brother was. There was no sign of Alex anywhere.

"Alex." He breathes his name.

His friends came to a halt behind him. Scott removes his glasses, but keeps his eyes shut. Jean gasps with her hand over her mouth as Scott drops to his knees in sorrow.

Harley quickly kneels down next to Scott and embraces him in her arms. "Scott, I'm sorry," she whispers to him. "I am so sorry."

"No, he can't be gone." He whimpers as he hugs her back. Scott rests his head on her shoulder and Jean walks over to place her hand on his back. "He can't."

None of them knew what to do at that point. The house was gone, Alex was dead, and the professor was nowhere in sight. If only they hadn't left the house, then maybe this wouldn't have happened. All four of the kids had themselves to blame for this.

All of a sudden, the sound of helicopters startled them. One of them was speaking over a siren, "Please remain calm!"

"Scott," Jean said. The mutant pulls away from Harley and puts his glasses back on.

"Medical assistance is on the way. Please remain calm."

The four retreated behind a piece of wall in the burnt house. They crouched down behind it, but still peeked over to see what was happening.

"Guys, something's wrong." Jean told her friends. "They're not here to assist us."

When the helicopters landed, Harley noticed that the helicopters were still on as the men came out.

"Hey!" The lady in the suit shouts out to them over the loudness. "Moira MacTaggert, CIA! Thank God you're here!"

One man who stepped out from the front of copter must've been the boss. He removes his sunglasses and kept walking.

"WAIT!" Someone screams.

"Fire!" The boss commanded.

Suddenly, a large sound waves projects from one of their weapons and everybody faints at the same time, including Dr. McCoy, Jubilee, and all the students.

"No!" Harley was about to run after them, but Kurt kept her down.

"Harley, don't." He tells her. "You'll make it worse."

Scott whispers, "Who is that?"

The boss then commands his soldiers. "I want her! Him! Him! And her!"

"Yes, sir." One of them says.

"Leave the kids!"

"Fuckin' bastard," Harley mumbles.

"Vhat do ve do?" Kurt asked, afraid of what they will do to them.

"Keep quiet." Jean calmly tells them.