And You Were There, And You Were There

Hey, guys, I'm sorry about loosing track of this story. I've been so busy at college and I decided to continue this story. Hope you enjoy it.

P.S. I don't own X-Men.

********************

Her eyes fluttered like the wings of a butterfly. The girl's eyes were half open, and she slowly inhales.

In the room were Professor Xavier and Ms. Annie. Annie was a woman of late twenties with dark red wavey hair and full bangs. Her eyes were brown, and she wore a white lab coat over her regular clothes.

Though her vision was blurry, she was able to recognize them by their voices. The girl moves her eyes around the room, but her body felt like it weighed a thousand pounds. She slowly begins to wiggle her toes and curl up her hand into fists. It took a moment for her eyesight to grow more clear. During that, Harley started to feel the slight pains and injuries in her body, especially in her arm and chest.

"Harley?" Professor Xavier say her name as he looks down at her. "It's okay. It's me, Professor X. You're safe."

Where am I, she thought. Her head was spiraling and filled with many questions.

"The school," Professor answered her. A second ago, Harley had forgotten that he was a telepath.

His answer didn't make any sense. The flashbacks of the mansion exploding slipped into her mind. No, no, the school was gone, She thought. I-I was there. It was gone.

As the heart rate monitor slightly excels, Charles rests his hand on the girl's forehead and murmurs, "Easy, Harley. Easy. It's here. We're all here."

"Her brain is not damaged, but she will make a full recovery," Annie informs the professor.

My head hurts, Harley thought. She begins to quietly groan in pain.

"Annie, she needs some medicine." Charles tells the nurse. "Her head is hurting."

"I got it." Annie quickly opens a cabinet to get medicine.

While she prepares the medication, Professor coos to the girl in the bed, "Just relax, Harley. You just woke up."

Though her head was spinning and hurting, Harley attempts to talk. Her mouth was shaking and she struggles to get some words out. " . . . . Kuh-kuh-Kurt . . . Pe-Peter . . . Jean . . . . Uh . . . . . . "

Charles knew what she was talking about. It didn't surprised him that Harley would be asking for the others. "They're here," he says to her.

*******************************

Upon waiting for Professor to return with the good news of Harley's awakening, the gang sat in the living room. Jean, Jubilee, Scott, and Ororo sat on the big green couch in the middle, Peter comfortably sat in the recliner with his broken leg up, and Kurt sat in the seat next to them with a book in his hands.

"This is taking forever," Ororo mumbles.

"Ororo, it's been almost ten days," Jubilee reminds her. "We all knew that she was gonna be in there for more than a week." When the team returned from Cairo, Jubilee was more than excited to see them, but wondered where was Harley. It wasn't until three days after Apocalypse that Moira and Charles had a helicopter transport Harley to the X-Mansion. Everybody stood there in the halls in silence watching the paramedics move an unconscious Harley to her hospital room. Like Kurt and Jean, Jubilee was heartbroken seeing her friend like that.

"Maybe you need to take you mind off of Harley right now," Peter suggested. "Why do you think I'm watching TV?"

"Jah and I'm reading." Kurt added. "Scott, vhat does zhis say? Plee-ah--" He tries to pronounce it.