A Walk Down Memory Lane

The darkness was finally taking over. Was this the end? Was she dead?

Another question that is running through her head: Is this how death begins? Is it just an endless vision of darkness with nothing but the color black? No, it must be more than that. She pictured it as seeing a very bright light in the sky. The light is so bright and beautiful that it was too hard to resist. You have the feeling of not wanting to go towards it, but you mostly knew that you have to go. Once you started following the light, there's no turning back. As you travel through the light, every bit of the pain you had just suffered through just leaves your body. Then, it won't be long until you enter the gateway to heaven.

It wasn't her choice to began with. Harley risked her life to protect her friends and the Professor, and she wasn't going to let Apocalypse hurt them.

A memory came to her. It was something she hid for so long that she never told anybody about.

Harley finds herself running through the halls of her old house. She ran into the bathroom and slammed the door. She was dressed in black jeans, combat boots, bad her grey David Bowie t-shirt.

As she drops her backpack, the girl felt heat run through her body and she turns to the mirror as her face looses its color. "What the—Oh, my god!" She gasps.

Her eyes were no longer dark brown, but brilliant green with thin pupils. A pair of two grey cat ears were now on top of her head. She gently pulls the sides of her hair to expose the absence of her human ears.

The teenager's eyes water as she begins to fall to the floor. She leans up against the wall and starts to cry.

Unexpectedly, a knock on the door startles her. "Harley, are you okay?" A familiar voice asked her.

"I'm okay, Lucy." She tries to act normal. "I-I am fine."

The maid attempts to open the door, but finds it to be locked. "Sweetie, what are you doing there? You're supposed to be at school."

"Lucy, what's going on?" Harley's mother, Jillian comes out of her office. She was a women of average height with long black hair dressed in dark purple pantsuit.

"Harley is home," the maid explains to her boss. "She came home and ran in here. She won't come out."

Jillian knocks on the door and says, "Harley? Harley, dear, what's going on in there?"

Her situation grew much worse once she heard her mother's voice. "Nothing, Mom. I'm okay."

"Sweetheart, open the door."

"I said go away!" Harley snaps at her, unwilling to reveal her mutation.

Jillian jiggles the knob, trying to open it. "Harley, let me in!" She raises her voice.

Not wanting to hide in the bathroom forever, Harley carefully stands up and walks to the door. Her heart accelerates every second as she steps closer to the door. She shakily unlocks the door, allowing her mom inside.

The first thing her mother did was gasp. "Oh, my god."

Harley stood there frozen in fear. Never before has her mother looked at her like she was a monster. "Mom . . . "

"Your eyes . . . " Her mother breathlessly says. Both of them had the same exact eyes, but now they were green cat eyes. " . . . what are those?" She points to her ears.

"They're my ears." Harley shakily informs her. "My other ears are gone."

She pulls her hair back to show her mother, who was more disturbed than ever. "You're one of them. Those freaks."