Pep Talk

Before he could touch her, Harley disappears into smoke and reappears at the other end of the hallway. I teleported, she thought. I have Kurt's powers!

The monster was still there and he was furious. "Oh, shit!" Harley hollers as she starts running. "Leave me alone!"

Thanks to Kurt's powers, Harley was able to run a bit faster than she usually does, but the mutant was still chasing after her. Her heart was beating fast and she tried to teleport, but she didn't know how to control it.

"I'm gonna die," she panted as she ran. "I'm gonna die! I'm gonna throw up first and then I'm gonna die!"

Once she was away from him, Harley ran into what looked like an exit. It was in a little room with brown rocks on the ceiling and a large metal door.

She quickly headed to the door and spins the huge knob. At that moment, something yanked on her tail and she was swept off her feet. Harley goes flying back and slams into the rock wall.

The cat-eared mutant collapses to the ground with a pain in her upper back and her left leg. She groans in agony for a moment and looks up to find the mutant again.

Tears ran down her eyes as he looks down on her. Her heart was accelerating every second as he growls and flashes his metal bone claws.

He lets out a roar and Harley screeches in fear. "Ahh!!!"

"Harley!" A familiar voice calls out her name.

She stopped screaming as a pair of arms wrapped around her. It was Kurt. He had ran just in time along with Scott and Jean.

Scott was ready to take off his sunshades and use his power on the creature, but Jean stops him. "Scott, wait!"

Everyone stood there in silence as well as the monster with the bone claws. Jean slowly walks towards him and attempts to remove his headgear, but he clutched her hand.

Kurt kept his arms around Harley as they watched the mutant allow Jean to take care off his head piece. They watched as the redhead places her hands on his head for a moment.

"Jean." Scott says, wondering what she was trying to do to him.

After she pulls away, the man carefully removed the equipment that was literally attached to him as he stares at Jean. Once he has everything off, he turns to look at the kids for a second. Then, he pushed the heavy metal door open and took off into the wood, wearing nothing but shorts.

"What did you do to him?" The boy with the glasses asked.

"I found a piece of his past and gave it back to him," the telepath explains to him. "Just a few memories I could reach."

Kurt turns to Harley and questions her, "Harley, are you alright?"

She was ashamed of what had happened. It was embarrassing for her to waste Kurt's incredible powers and run away from someone who was easy for Jean to handle. "I'm sorry," she whimpers as she hides her face in her hands. "I got lost and . . . I ran away from him. He chased me. I-I was so afraid of him. I'm sorry."

Each of them knew what she was feeling, but none of them want to say it out loud to embarrass her more. Scott then kneels down and places his hand. "No, no, you're good. Harley, you hear me? You're okay and that's all that matters."

She finally stops crying and wipes away her tears. Kurt helps her up on her feet and lets go of her.

"Is it just me or does that guy look familiar?" She asked, showing her quirky self again. "I feel all of us know him."

"No." Scott nodded his head.

"Not me," said Jean.

"I've never seen him in my life," Kurt added.