Chapter 1

Team Astrid pt. one

Hiccup was just finishing patrol with Astrid when he saw how Astrid gave him a worried look. It turns out the Night Terrors weren't at their post. Hiccup and Astrid just knew Tuffnut was up to no good or at least goofing around. When they were in the middle of criticizing him, they received a message from Berk.

"It's Berk and it's not good," Fishlegs read over the letter.

Everyone saddled up and flew over to Berk where they found homes in smoke. They were met with Hiccup's father, Stoick.

"Who did this? Dagur?" Hiccup was furious with the condition of his home.

Hiccup got his answer when his father hesitated and explained the attack. "It was a hit-and-run attack. Catapults and volley of fire arrows. Hit a few buildings in town, but thanks to your friend, no one was hurt."

Hiccup furrowed his brows in confusion, "Who?"

"[Name]," Stoick answered.

"What? Where is she?" Hiccup urged.

"She's helping the people with homes at the moment. Astrid, she's helping your parents right now. One of the buildings that were hit were your parents' house. You should probably head over to..." Stoick didn't get to finish before Astrid dashed off. The rest followed her.

She landed before the rest caught up to her where her house was. Gobber came up to her with dirt and ashes smeared on himself from taking out the fire.

"Relax, lass," Gobber smiled, "Your parents are fine. Thanks to [Name], they got out before it even happened. I'm sorry we couldn't save your house at least."

"If they had been home, Gobber--"

"But they weren't."

Astrid felt a hand on her shoulder as the familiar voice spoke. You smiled to her giving her a reassuring smile.

"At least, I made sure of that," you smiled as you hugged her in comfort and greeting, "I wasn't going to have you go through the same pain that I went through."

She hugged back, "Thank you, [Name]."

You two pulled away and you kept giving her a reassuring smile. "We'll fix your house, good as new."

"The lass is right, Astrid. Don't worry," Gobber put a reassuring hand on her shoulder for comfort as he passed her.

Astrid couldn't help but worry though.

~.~.~

"Alright, now that the fires are out, Sven, you start the wall repairs," Stoick started giving out orders, "Bucket, you're in charge of roofs."

Hiccup followed, "Snotlout, Ruff, Tuff, you ferry whatever supplies they need. Fishlegs, you and Meatlug do the heavy lifting. I'll go looking for Dagur."

"It was a strange attack, son," Stoick described, "A single ship. It fired a few salvos, and then just, turned tail and ran."

Hiccup thought for a moment before climbing onto Toothless' saddle, "That's not Dagur's style. Why attack at all?"

"Good question."

"I'll ask him when I find him," Hiccup said as he readied to fly.

"He was heading north. That's your best bet."

"Let's go, bud," Hiccup took flight.

Stoick watched as his son left.

"He won't find anything."