Chapter 2

Team Astrid pt. two

It was amazing to see a plethora of recruits that came through the entry of the arena. Literally, of any age showed up on the first day of training. You watched as they lined up. The others were with you watching from the outside of the arena.

"Nice turnout," Hiccup commented as he observed.

"Yeah," you heard Tuffnut say, "Look at them, fresh-faced and full of dreams. Dreams that are soon to be crushed. Huh, Hiccup, were we ever that young?"

You and Hiccup smiled at the memories.

"Hey, Snotlout," Fishlegs pointed to a middle-aged man, "Is that your dad?"

"What!" he exclaimed, "Hiccup! You have to let me stay!" His eyes glazed over in a daze. "I will get to make the rules. I will get to point out every one of his mistakes."

Hiccup smirked and raised an eyebrow. "Not gonna happen, Snotlout."

Snotlout growled, "You owe me this! The world owes me this!" You jumped at his outburst. "Snotlout! This is Snotlout!"

"Saddle up, everybody," Hiccup disregarded, "Astrid's got work to do, and so do we."

Everyone started flying off but Hiccup stayed behind to talk to you.

"What are you gonna do?" he asked.

"Well, I was going to help with the recruits," you paused to glare at Astrid's way, "but Astrid insisted I don't intervene."

"Why don't you come with me to patrol the perimeter of Berk?" Hiccup offered.

"Sure," you nodded.

He hopped on Toothless and offered you a hand to get on. With plenty of experience and a little help from him, you got on Toothless with ease. You wrapped your arms around him as soon as he took off.

You shivered after a while of flying. You tighten your hold on Hiccup slightly. You couldn't help but worry for Astrid. She seemed on edge, more than usual.

"Are you cold?" Hiccup asked. He felt you shift behind him. He felt his cheeks heat up from your arms moving.

"Something like that," you mumbled. You then spoke louder, "You don't think Astrid will overdo it?"

"This is Astrid we're talking about," Hiccup chuckled slightly, "Of course, she's going to overdo it."

You shook your head, "No, Hiccup, I'm serious, really overdo it."

Hiccup sighed, "Let's hope not."

You two stayed silent for a while until you suggested, "I'm going to check up on the others."

"What?" he uttered, "Right now?"

You shrugged, "I have time."

You grinned when you heard Hiccup laugh at your joke. You transported from Toothless to where the rest of the gang were at the Edge. You appeared right when a Night Terror was biting Fishlegs' leg and he called his dragon. Meatlug used her tail to whip away the poor terror away from him. You giggled and found it slightly badass.

"Okay, I guess Meatlug and I are going searching alone," Fishlegs sighed in defeat.

"Not if I have anything to say for it," you interrupted with your arms crossed.

"Whoa, [Name]," Tuffnut vociferated, "Why are you here? You're usually with Hiccup."

You blinked in surprise at his statement but composed yourself with a glare. "I should be asking you that. You're supposed to be patrolling."