Chapter 6

Night of the Hunters (Part 1) pt. three

Everyone flew at high speed towards where the ships were estimated to be at. As they flew closer, they saw figure in the air ahead just before the ships. Hiccup held up a hand in front of everyone for them to stop.

The purple Nadder turned with its rider's direction. Hiccup gaped as he saw you ride the dragon.

"Hiccup!" you called out.

"Where have you been, [Name]?" he asked.

"I had to take care of some business with my mother before I could catch up with you guys. I'll fill you in later," you dismissed before Hiccup could even get a word out, "For now, let's get Stormfly back, but be careful. I don't have a good feeling about this."

"That's why we have a plan," Hiccup added. He filled you in on the plan and you agreed with it.

You turned your dragon back around and the others followed without any more words spoken. As you and the others came closer to the ships, the faster you went. Hiccup gained speed and lead with the first attack on the ship. You followed his lead and let the Nadder release his fire.

"I'm here for my dragon!" Astrid cried out.

The man on which looks like the leader ignored her cry and grinned at the Night Fury. You growled at the thought of the man trying to  capture Toothless and hurt the others. You made your dragon release his fire again towards the man. At the last second, he spotted you and dodge out of the way. You and the man had a glaring stare down as you flew away to the other ships.

The others joined in the fight and released their fire as well. Finally, they released their arrows. Hookfang was the first target. Snotlout managed to dodge all the arrows. You and Hiccup swooped in and took out the catapults. It seemed like a trap to lure Hiccup in because that's what the men on the boat aimed for next.

"Hiccup, careful!" you warned out.

"Fishlegs," HIccup called.

Fishlegs and Meatlug came into view and started attacking as well. The men seemed to have fell for it because they started aiming for Meatlug. He was hit and Meatlug acted like she was out of control. They chained down Meatlug and captured Fishlegs. The men brought them down under deck. You watched in worry as your dragon continued to attack the ships.

A boulder was fired at Hiccup, Astrid, and Toothless. Hiccup couldn't react fast enough but he managed to dodge it. Unfortunately, it caused Hiccup and Toothless to loose control. Astrid fell off of Toothless when Hiccup finally gained back control.

"Astrid!" you called out in panic. You dove your dragon to catch her but she was wrapped in chains. You gasped out in fear. "Shoot at those chains!" you commanded. Your dragon followed your orders but nothing happened when the fire hit right on the mark. Your eyes widen in fear again.

Astrid was reeled up and luckily breathing. She managed to break free of the chains and started attacking the leader. She was quickly knocked away and captured again. They started bringing her under deck.

"Hiccup!" you cried out, "Astrid's in trouble!"

"I know!" he replied back.

Suddenly, Stormfly broke free and chased after her master. She picked up her master and knocked her capturers out of the way. Fishlegs came out behind her, charging at the leader.

"Now!" Hiccup yelled out. You along with the twins and Snotlout followed Hiccup down in a charge.

In the worst timing possible, you started getting a headache. You pulled your dragon up to stop him in his tracks. Ryker seemed to have a plan because Astrid and Fishlegs were captured again. Hiccup and the others stopped as they watched their plan go in failure. You watched in pain, hurting from not being able to know what to do.

A bright light flashed near on the ships and you saw another version of you fighting on the boat. You pulled your dragon up higher trying to get away from the disaster. Hiccup looked up to you in shock and looked back down towards the other version of you. He switched between you and...well, her in shock. You watched in more pain when you saw the other version of you failed to rescue the others. You hung there in defeat as they held you by the arms. It almost looked as if you were dead. That version of you flashed away to Thor knows where.

As the pain was finally fading away, you didn't notice the others in trouble trying to dodge any arrows heading their way. The twins were hit and were captured. Snotlout was also hit but saved from Hiccup. Right when your pain went away and were about to help the others, even more pain came to you. You gripped your head in pain. It was too much to handle. So, you turned tail and flew.

Hiccup dodged the remaining arrows as he looked back while carrying Hookfang with Toothless. He saw the twins were captured but he didn't see you.

~.~.~

As soon as you landed, you released the Nadder and it flew off. You were still gripping your head. You knelt down trying to control the pain. There was a flash of light in front of you as you were on the ground on your hands and knees. You panted in pain as you looked up to see the Tree of Life glowing in front of you. You stood slowing in agony and walked slowly to the tree. You gingerly touched it and let your thoughts call out to your mother.

You stepped away and collapsed on the ground. A faint glow ripped through the tree and your mother stepped out and rushed out to aid you. You looked up to her with a twisted face.

"What's wrong with me?" you husked out.

"Hold on, [Name]," she hushed, "Just rest."

Just when your mother carried you through the open portal, your eyes closed in exhaustion.

Word Count: 990

Status: Unedited