Chapter 11

I remember dreaming about [Name] some time after she disappeared. I remember going to sleep the night before we headed out to save the Snowwraiths with heavy thoughts of her and probably caused the dream, but it felt too real. I never saw so much white before. At first, I thought I was staring directly into a Nadder's fire or even the sun, but then, my eyes adjust to the brightness. It was too clean, it was too blinding. Despite being clean myself, this room was something completely different and where Berk will never be close to how spotless it was.

I groaned as I lifted my torso from the ground. Despite it being a dream, there was an ache still lingering there. Something my subconscious might have picked up from when I went to sleep. It felt weird to stand. It felt like I was floating, but I still walked like I would normally do. As I walked forward more a crowd that has already formed became closer. It was oddly silent with only incoherent whispers.

"Hello?" I called out. I repeated the call since the woman I try to greet didn't hear me. It seemed she looked right through me as I waved my hand in front of her face. She didn't even blink.

What is going on?

I had to remind myself that none of this is real and only a dream. From what I saw, it was far beyond a dream could ever form from every detail I could see in the room. The room was impossibly bright with white flowers, white walls, white floors, and even more white decorations with a tint of gold every once in a while.

This dream was beyond my imagination and I wanted to know what was going on.

The whispers finally stopped and it became quiet, not eerily nor peaceful; just quiet. Noises of doors opening made me shift my gaze towards the direction of where it was coming from. Double grand doors opened and I found my longest and closest friend dressed in white with the same gold trim as the room. A white hood with gold trim covered her head only partially as it still shows her face and eyes perfectly. She didn't hold any sad nor any happy facial expressions; it was more like someone being crowned, a coronation. Her dress held numerous gold trims and designs throughout as it flared and trailed behind her only a little. Her [dominant] leg would peak out every other step she took from the split her dress had up to mid thigh. Sleeves covered her arms and fluttered as long as her dress but they seemed disconnected from her dress from the exposed shoulders.

I was beyond speechless. I have always found [Name] beautiful, but I never seen her in a dress like this or any dress at all.

"[Name]!" I called her out of my shock.

She didn't hear me either.

The way she walked down the middle of the room was like a wedding, but to whom?

My panicked eyes looked towards the direction of her walked before I could even resist to look. At the end of the room and up a fleet of a dozen steps or so, Dagur was waiting and dressed in armor of the same colors of the room and [Name]. My breath was caught in my throat and my eyes widen in shock.

What was he doing here? Why is [Name] with him?

Questions such as those swarmed and plagued my thoughts. I felt my heart clenched in my chest and I forced back the built up tears as I blinked and felt betrayal go through me. I thought before [Name] said she loved me; to walk to Dagur's side was an even bigger stab to the back and heart.

This is all just a bad dream.

And I wanted to wake up from this nightmare.

Strange how I wanted to move and demand an explanation from who I thought was my friend, but I stayed in place and watch the event unfold themselves.