Chapter 10

Like everyday in this hellhole, you woke up at an early time to begin training with Dagur. Usually, you had no problem going to sleep from the hard training you endure from the devil, but last night, you didn't get much of a wink with the heavy thoughts that plague your mind. You were sure you spent at least half of supposed rest time alone with your thoughts.

It was hard not thinking about seeing a new light in Dagur. He actually cared about his sister's actions like his own. For once, he wasn't selfish and egotistic like usual. He was clearly showed his worry and care for his sister. He wasn't crazy and blood thirsty. He was serious and mellow.

Did you hit your head during training or something?

You shook off the thought of yesterday and walked down the white marble titles, your cloak you took as a souvenir from the past brush behind you. You were sure you were going to be even more tired in today's training than before. You came to a dark, wooden door and knocked on it. A faint pardon was voiced through the door and you walked in.

You didn't see what Dagur was doing exactly when he was slouched over his desk. It looked like a bunch of plans with marks of "X's" and arrows pointing at certain locations when getting a closer look from just walking forward a few steps forward away from the door.

Dagur turned his head to look at you over his shoulder. "What are you doing here?"

You rose an eyebrow. "What do you mean? We usually meet at this time."

"Ah," Dagur hummed, "I guess I forgot to mention. In order for you to help me, you need to become an official Time Guardian."

It was weird seeing Dagur actually smiling. You're used to seeing the crazed spark in his eye and the wide grin, but it was small and genuine.

"Follow me," he command as he passed you with the same smile. You walked behind him with prudence as the two of you walked along the white hallway to a room with only a mirror, a divider, and a dresser.

You gave him a strange look as he chuckled and continued walking into the room. You followed him to the dresser.

He smiled at you again before turning to the dual doors of the dresser and opening them.

.

.

.

"How did you get Hiccup here anyway?"

"I just told him what you told me, but let him think it was coming from Trader Johann. Any problems on your end?" Astrid asked as she warmed her hands by the fire Heather made.

"Well," Heather started, "Ryker doesn't trust anyone and Dagur is paranoid, but he has been acting a little strange. I think I'm okay so far."

"No offense for your brother, but Dagur is always strange," Astrid added.

"I mean strange for Dagur," Heather corrected, "He's been acting...serious."

"Serious how?"

"I don't know," Heather shook her head. "Every time I'm around he has this serious aura coming from him and I can't leave his sight most of the time."

"How did you take care of him to get here, then?" Astrid gave her a questioning look.

"I sent him on a fool's errand, looking for a second Dragon Eye," Heather shrugged simply.

"That should keep him busy," Astrid chuckled, "So, fill me in."

Heather pulled out her map she had of the island and unraveled it. Astrid pulled in closer to look at the map. "We're been here for two days, searching pretty methodically. According to Ryker, the Snowwraith digs an ice cave to hibernate in during the summer."

Astrid furrowed her eyebrows and shook her head slightly. "We didn't know that. That explains the rush to get out here, probably to get a tooth from a hibernating Snowwraith."

Heather nodded her head, "Exactly."

"Too bad we don't know where the cave is."

Heather smiled, "But I think I might. Windshear and I spotted a cave on a plateau about halfway up that mountain. You find a way to get Hiccup to check it out. Meanwhile, I'll tell Ryker I didn't find anything and try to keep him and his men far away as possible." Heather saw the down-casted look Astrid gave. "What?"

"We should tell Hiccup what we're doing, this doesn't feel right, especially since you're around their leader now," Astrid reasoned.

"No. We agreed," Heather shook her head, "Ryker and Phantom aren't going suspect me."

"Phantom?"

"Yeah, I found out it wasn't Viggo, but they called him Phantom," Heather said, "He didn't show up until recently, but the Hunters follow his orders like they been under his command for years."

"See," Astrid reasoned again, "You have another set of eyes on you. This is dangerous. We have to tell Hiccup."

"Astrid, this is the best way to take the Dragon Hunters down, from the inside," Heather comforted, "If we told Hiccup that I was spying on the Hunters, we both know he'd try to pull me out of there."

"I get that, but--"

"I'm this close to getting to Viggo," Heather interrupted, "I can't quit now."

"I really hope you're right," Astrid sighed, "because if any of the Riders got hurt, or you got hurt because I held something back--"

"Nothing will go wrong. Trust me," Heather said as she rested her hand on the blonde's shoulder.

Word Count: 907

Status: Unedited