1. Alone

I'm so thrilled you chose to read this book! First off,

All rights reserved. No part of these pages, either text or image may be used for any purpose other than personal use. Therefore, reproduction, modification, storage in a retrieval system or re-transmission, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical or otherwise, for reasons other than personal use, is strictly prohibited without prior written permission. This book is a work of fiction. Any similarities to people, places, or anything else is purely coincidental. Please respect this book and me by not copying any ideas or texts.

Thank you! Please enjoy and leave me comments :) -Sarah

-Alexandra-

I woke up gasping for air. Images of the fiery dream I just awoke from explode in my head. I look over at my clock and see that it's 5:53 am. Ugh.

I roll out of bed, trying to avoid the terrible thoughts of the dreams that have filled my sleep. Lately I've gone to sleep and I've seen things... Bad things. I see a shadow of a man when I close my eyes. He stalks me through the woods with a thick fog surrounding him. I have had the same dream for an entire week now. I brush the thoughts away as I travel to the bathroom to wash my face and brush the morning breath away. I tie my messy dark curls into a sloppy ponytail and head to the kitchen; my favorite room.

Today is a Tuesday so I have to do some training and I might get assigned stupid border patrol. I didn't mind the training. They were trying to get my pack to become stronger because of the recent pack that was searching the valley, taking over weak packs. Ever since then, our training has been more difficult.

It's almost like they know when we are going to be attacked. My pack was strong though. We have survived many attacks from rogue packs before. Something inside me tells me not to worry.

Our pack is like a family. We take care of each other and we really try to be there for each other. Most pack members here find their mates within this pack too. I haven't found mine yet, but I'm hopeful that maybe one day I will. But a mate isn't something I need, it would just be nice.

I blend myself a quick protein smoothie and change into some workout pants and a cute tank top before heading out of the front door to get a quick morning run before training at 7:30. Usually my morning runs are done in human form. I run in wolf form too but I like to mix it up. I love running. I feel free and it's just a good time to sort through my jumbled thoughts.

.

.

I send a swift round kick, slamming him in the side with all of my power. He winces but then grabs my leg and twists it around before throwing me to the mat with a slam.

"Come on Alex! I feel like you're just getting worse at your fighting." Jason says with a laugh as he extends me a hand. I take It and he yanks me back to my feet. I can't fight. Something about my size and weight just doesn't allow me to do much damage.

"One day, Jase. One day I will kick your ass." I joke as I walked off the mat. I make my way to a bench and grab my water. I take a long swig of fresh clear water before closing the lid and picking up my towel.

Jason and I have known each other since we were both young. He and I have been sparring partners ever since he taught me how to throw a proper punch in the sixth grade. I wouldn't have minded if the moon goddess had made him my mate. He was sweet and was close to the Beta.

I glance around and saw Addison approaching.

"Hey." She rings as she prances over. She has light wavy blonde hair that comes down to the middle of her back and she's two inches taller than me. She has slim shoulders and strong legs. She has been my best friend since we were both pups. Her parents took me in when mine died and ever since they have been there for me. Addison is like a sister to me.