17. Hunted

I must have fallen into a very deep sleep. I wake up to the soft sounds of rushing water. I open my eyes to see a small waterfall that gently empties into a small lake. I am laying on a smooth grey rock. Gentle sunshine kisses the sleeves of my jacket, warming me in the cold autumn woods.

"Miss me?" A velvety voice rings from behind me, causing all of the color to drain out of my face. I whip my head around to come face to face with the same vampire who haunts my every nightmare.

His lips morph into a sadistic smirk at my fear of him. His dark hair gently sways in the chilly wind. He towers over me with both pale hands shoved into the pockets of his long black slacks. He takes a small step towards me before bending down to meet my level.

My heart begins to race as he finally says, "You didn't think you could escape me forever did you, little wolf?"

"You know, the little nicknames you give me are really starting to get on my nerves." I turn away from him to stand to my feet. He is in front of me in a flash.

"Oh don't be so happy to see me, Love." He teases. "Surely you're at least a bit pleased I decided to drop by." He steps closer to me causing my heart to beat faster.

"I'm overjoyed." I sarcastically comment, mentally rolling my eyes too. I look around for my friends to find that they are not here.

I don't even remember how I got here.

"Where is Addison?" My tone hardens.

"So demanding. Why don't we relax." He says oh so smoothly before he rushes at me, grabbing my wrist. I close my eyes in anticipation only to open them and see that we were now in a bar.

We sit at a small table together, sitting across from each other. The walls are lined in fine alcoholic beverages from many years ago. Liam and I are the only ones in the small bar with the exception of a woman and a waiter. It looks so modern here as soft relaxing jazz music plays on the small wooden stage to our right. The music is almost calming, making me wonder what it must've been like back then. My mind slowly breaks from the trance as I realize a key part of information.

"We're not actually here!" I almost yell from the table in realization. Liam silently nods as our waiter brought fancy orange drinks. Who knows what will happen if I try one. I remembered the last time I had tasted an alcoholic beverage, I had caused quite a scene with cocktails and shrimp. Liam nodded at the waiter before turning back to me.

"I always knew you were smart, little wolf." He praises coolly as he takes a sip of his orange drink. He nods his head towards my untouched drink and I shake my head in response.

"If I'm not here," I begin puzzled, "Then where am I?" I question, stirring in my seat. I need to wake up. My eyes curiously watch Liam.

"That, my dear, is what I am trying to figure out." He smirks as my eyes widen. He only visited me so he could manipulate me into telling him where we were. "Now if you would just give me your location, you will be on your way to consciousness and then I will pick you up and return you to where you belong." He states plainly, taking another sip of his drink. "Maybe I'll even forget that you ran away in the first place.". My heart rate increases as I ponder what I am going to say.

"We were by the mountains, near a lake." I lie as I look down at my orange drink, desperately hoping he can't hear my heart rate jumpstart.

Liam gently sets his drink onto the table and licks his lips. He folds both of his hands together on top of the table and then looks directly into my eyes. "I don't like being lied to, Darling." He grits through his teeth as if I am already trying his patience.

I need to wake up. My eyes dart around the room for an object to aid me. I silently spot a silver knife on the table. If I stab myself, I will wake up. It will only hurt for a second. I wrap my fingers around the knife and slam it down towards the top of my hand.