Shatter

Alex-

Lava sit subtly- waiting. The hot substance begins to boil, releasing burning gases. The feverish liquid begins to rise beneath the calm volcano. I am the volcano. The blistering liquid finally reaches the unbearable temperature and explodes. Hot sizzling bubbles pop, scalding the plants and trees in the area and leaving nothing but fire and ash. Grey flakes of ash fall from the sky like dead snow. 

Rage is deadly. When fury overtakes someone there is no going back against thoughts that explode in their head. And outrage has overtaken me.

Cleo. That's all I can think about. Unwanted images flood my head as I stalk through the woods. I picture her, a siren, luring him into her bedroom. I picture them vividly while they enjoy each other. It sickens me. It enrages me. 

I stalk my way through the forest until I reach the cluster of housing where more pack members live. I remember Cleo. I had met her a few times before. She was at the funeral looking at Tyler. And again before that I saw her in the crowds of people. How long did that go on? My name is heard faintly in the distance but I growl and ignore it. 

I make my way down the line. I smell Tyler's faint scent nearby indicating that he had been here. I finally come to the last house on the street and I give an evil smirk. Let the game begin. 

I stomp up to the front door, my rage building with each step. I reach the small wooden door and grab the cold handle. I give an enraged yank and the door handle falls to the ground. I flick my wrist, slightly shocked by my strength, but then I push through the door. The door swings open, hitting the wall roughly as it announces my presence. 

Excitement and fury surge through my veins as I step into the house. My claws release and sharpen like my fangs that haven't left. 

I walk slowly, my black boots clanking against the floor with each step I take down the hall. I run my long claw against the wall, creating a loud scratching noise along with a scrape along the wall. "Oh Cleo." I sing into the dark hallway. "Come out come out wherever you are." I smirk. 

I kick at a random door in the hall, sending it off the hinges and to the floor with a loud bang. The room is empty. I growl lowly as I stalk further down the hallway, peering through the door cracks. 

"What are you doing here?" A voice timidly squeaks from behind me. I smirk as my eyes grow dark. I slowly turn around to face her. Cleo. She is tall and has long strait brown hair. She's wearing very short jean shorts and a blue shirt with an ugly cat on it. She disgusts me. 

"Cleo." I growl happily. "Just the person I wanted to see." I grin showing her my fangs. 

"Oh goddess. He told you." She looks around the room in fear. Her face pales as she looks desperately for an escape. 

"Indeed." I growl. "You see, I never expected this." I stalk closer to her. She matches me by taking a step back.

"I'm so sorry. I don't know why we did anything I just-"

"Blah blah. I don't care for your pitiful reasons." I cut her off harshly. She shrinks smaller as I step closer. 

Cleo swiftly pulls out a knife from the back of her belt and stabs me in the shoulder. I let out a roar in pain as my arm gushes blood. Pain seeps through my body, filling me with rage. My eyes go red with fury and I rip the knife out. Cleo races past me and out the front door. 

I stomp after her, following her outside and through the woods. 

"Running only makes me angrier!" I scream in her direction. She continues to shuffle farther from me. My brain reminds me of the bloody knife I clasp in my hand. I throw it with precision, stabbing her in the back of her thigh.

She screams out in pain as she falls to the dirt. My name is called from the distance. They're getting closer. If Tyler or Liam reaches me they will try to stop me. I press on, reaching her fragile body as she lays on the ground clutching her leg. 

"Please." She begs as tears leave her doe eyes. 

I grab her hair and yank her head up to my level. "You're weak." I spit at her as she whimpers. I am dominant. "Challenge me I dare you!" I scream at her. 

"I'm s-sorry" She whispers. 

"Sorry isn't good enough." I smirk as I slam her head into the sharp bark on a nearby tree. 

"ALEX STOP!" A commanding voice booms through the forest, running fear through me. Tyler has arrived. He cheated. 

I roll my eyes until they land on him. "What do you want? Haven't you done enough?" I groan as I kick Cleo roughly in the stomach. 

"You don't want to do this. Let's talk about this when you're calm." He commands. My alpha is giving me orders and I must obey...

Then again....

"No." I state firmly. 

"Alex" He growls.

"NO." I growl back.

"ALEX!" He yells. 

"NO!" I scream back as I pick Cleo up by her hair once again and chunk her ten feet into the next tree. 

"Al you need to calm down!" He speaks calmly. He is annoying me. 

I walk to Cleo and yank the knife from her leg, earning a groan of pain from her, and I shove the knife flying in his direction. He catches it in one hand. 

"The audacity you have, coming here now and telling me to calm down. ME" I snort. 

"Alex this isn't you."

"Isn't me? YOU DON'T KNOW ME!" I shriek. 

He darts the knife towards me, barely missing me on purpose as a warning. The knife grazed my face and stabs the tree next to me. 

"Calm down." He commands. 

I rip the knife from the tree. 

"Give me a minute babe. I'm busy killing a bitch." I squat down and glare Cleo in the eyes. Her makeup is smeared all over her perfect puffy skin. Her eyes are red from sobbing and her clothes are drenches in blood. "Nobody crosses me." I say as I raise my knife up, readying myself to put an end to her. 

My volcano erupts at that moment as I shove the knife down in slow motion. The blade inches towards her chest slowly as I feel myself explode. 

"Alex stop!" Yells are heard behind me. These aren't from Tyler but from Liam.

Liam. 

The knife makes contact with it's target and the rage melts away, hardening into igneous, and leaving nothing but pain. Cleo's eyes widen for a split second. A final tear parts with her eye and streaks down her face, gathering black mascara with it as it falls. The life force within her leaves as she closes her eyes in a final move. She is dead.

~~~~~~~~

Yay update! Bye bye Cleo! What did you think? Leave me a comment!

-Sarah:P