The Day I died

-Alex

I glance across the room at Tyler. He doesn't look at me. His head bows towards the ground in defeat.

Immediately, I am grabbed by both arms and dragged from the room.

"Wait!" I yell into the air. They drag me out into the bland hallway. My feet drag the floor.

I can't die!

"TYLER!" I scream out, tears sprouting from my eyes.

I am in full blown panic-mode.

"Wait! Stop! Don't kill me, please" I beg the guards dragging me outside now.

The air is brisk. I am dragged down a path, still screaming bloody murder.

"Hold it there." I hear a firm voice behind me. Relief washes over me as I recognize the voice as Tyler's

"Tyler, please, don't let them kill me." I beg.

The men drop me to the ground and Tyler approaches me. I am a heaping mess. He bends down to where I whither and cups my face in his hand.

His skin is warm. He stares into my eyes. His deep brown eyes stare directly into my soul.

"There is nothing I can do, Al." he breathes out. His eyes swirl with a saddened expression.

I furrow my eyebrows together. But he is the alpha.

"But I am your mate." I whimper out, tears streak my red puffy cheeks.

"Don't let me die."

He takes a deep breath, hiding the emotion in his eyes.

"I loved you, Alexandra. And from the first day you ran from me. You felt the touch of another. And what I did was wrong, but I still cared about her, she was a part of my pack."

Anger fills me again. How could he love her? I never admitted I loved Liam. Tyler and I are no longer together but I still burned that bridge. When things went wrong I didn't run to somebody else.

"Okay, Tyler." I brush myself off and wipe away a tear. I stand to my feet.

My heart shatters.

"I hereby reject you, Tyler, Alpha of the Silvermoon pack." My words are hurt and cold.

His eyes harden at my words.

"for what you have done. I will die without you. You and I are no longer one." Were my final words before the guards returned to me, grabbing my arms and escorting me away.

I didn't fight back anymore. We approached a clearing in the woods. A stage. The same stage I was meant to become the Luna on. Funny how that is where I am going to die.

On the wooden stage is a post. They tie me to the post with scratchy rope. I do not resist.

This is my ending. The ending to a story. I was never made for a happy ending.

I stand there and a crowd slowly gathers. It is the entire pack. I look around for Addison but she doesn't show.

I am glad though. She shouldn't see me die.

The council members slowly walk onto the stage and speak to the crowd.

This is what happens when you murder one of our own

The head council member's words imprint in my brain. Then silence falls. It is evening now. The sun hangs low in the sky.

The crowd of wolves is silent.

The head council member finally turns to me. Another guard offers him a red velvet pillow with a cloth over it. Removing the cloth I see a wooden stake.

It has engravings in it. They are burnt into the wood in foreign symbols. This stake will kill any and every creature with one stab.

He raises his arms above his head, holding the stake with two hands.

I squeeze my eyes shut. This is my ending and I do not wish to watch.

I feel like I am standing there for minutes. The silence is loud. Everybody is holding their breath, including me.

Then I hear resistance.

I shoot my eyes open and see Russel, fighting with the head of the council. They play tug-of-war with the stake. Other guards rush onto stage to stop the wild wolf.

My hands are released from the bindings and I look around to see Addison with a knife. She had sliced the rope.

"Hurry!" she grabs my arm and we jump off the stage, running for our lives.

Everything moves so fast. Russell slips through the guards, chasing after us. We run as fast as we can through the woods.

We are close to the boarder. Running on adrenaline only. I keep checking behind me to see them following fast.

We reach the boarder, stopping to pant.

They quickly shift into wolves and continue. It is faster that way. I shift as well, grabbing my clothes in my mouth.

We keep running, deeper and deeper into the dark forest. They saved my life.

My story isn't over yet.