Alive

Chapter song: Love Song by: SARA BAREILLES

Alex-

The warmth of the quietly crackling fire hits my face and I open my eyes. Colors consume me as I stare into the flames. I sit up slowly, taking in the large living room I am in. I sit on a large black leather couch in front of a fireplace that illuminates the area. Questions fill my head as I turn around to look at the rest of the room. My side aches and I develop a huge migraine. How did I get here? The last thing I remember is... 

Liam. He kissed me. I kissed him back. No. Oh my gosh! 

"How are you feeling?" His velvety voice fills the room giving me chills of happiness. I glance over and see him leaning against the doorway of the living room. He is wearing a simple white shirt and jeans along with a very nice black leather jacket. 

"I'm alive." I breathe out. He lets out a small chuckle as he pushes off of the doorway and walks towards the small kitchenette in the corner of the room. 

"When I threw us off of the top of the building, I wasn't planning on either of us 'dying', Love." He clarifies as he pours himself a small glass of brown liquid. It's probably some fancy type of alcohol. 

"Well, you are an already-dead vampire, so." I grunted as I stood up from the couch. As soon as I was on both feet, blood rushed to my head and I felt dizzy. My knees went weak from the pain that entered my head and I began to fell towards the ground. In a flash, I was caught by my vampire savior.

"Careful, Love." He rang as he caught me with his vampire speed. He held me up and I wrapped my arms around his neck for extra support. Our eyes met with one another and my heart picked up speed. 

"Do I make you nervous?" He observed as he could clearly hear my stupid heart pounding. 

"No. I just-" I awkwardly began as we stared into each others eyes. My face erupt in a deep red blush in embarrassment. I became breathless as I got lost in his blue orbs. I could stare into his eyes forever. We are so close. My mind rushed just as fast as my heart as he held me there and we stared at each other. 

"It's just-" I attempted to continue after a moment. "When you kissed that other girl, and then you- kissed me." My mouth blurted as I mentally slapped myself. Why am I so nervous? He gave me a genuine chuckle at my awkwardness.

"Was it wrong that I kissed you?" He asked, curiosity overtaking his orbs. 

"No-yes. I mean." I began as my knees felt weak again. "I have a mate." I finally replied. 

"Ah yes. The alpha Tyler. I've heard of him." Liam sounded casually. 

"Yes... Him." I acknowledged. Tyler was my mate. He was given to me by the Moon Goddess herself. I was drawn to him. But I was also drawn to Liam. But this was probably because I haven't spent much time with him. It has to be! I wanted to be with Tyler!

"Then why do you say it like that? If you truly want to be with him then why did you kiss me back?" Liam questioned as he leaned in closer to me. My stomach fluttered as we were inches apart. A small part of me wanted to close the distance between us and be with Liam. But another part of me wanted to run and find my mate. Tyler. 

"I-I don't know." I breathe out nervously. My heart throbbed loudly and I knew he could hear it clearly. 

"So you enjoyed the kiss." He smirked as he observed my heartbeat. I was lost for words at his question. What if I told him the truth, that I really liked the kiss. 

"Liam I-" I began but the door thrust open and frosty winds invaded the warm living room. My eyes snapped to the door as our delicate moment was just shattered by the intruder.