My Little Brother "Chapter Two"- When the Heart gets cut

Chapter two:

                When the heart gets cut

Everything was all clear to me now. Byakuya was a very articulate person and he has explained everything about me, and the time I was gone. I can’t believe that I had a relationship with Jushiro and I didn’t have any idea about it. I mean, what the hell right? Even Rukia was shocked. I didn’t even know that Gin was dead, maybe that was the reason why Matsumoto didn’t answer me when I asked her about the two of them.

“I’m glad this was cleared up. Now I could think straight.” I looked towards Rukia and smiled playfully. “So, Rukia, is this Ichigo your boyfriend?” I asked. Her mouth dropped open.

“No! No, of course not! Ichigo and I are just friends.” She exclaimed.

“Are you sure? Based on your Nii-sama’s story, you two are pretty close.” I teased.

“I think Ichigo likes someone else and we both have different worlds we live in. It’s impossible to build up a relationship like that.” She looked down. I smiled even wider.

“In the world of the living, I studied psychology and I learned so many things. Just like reading people’s expression while they’re talking to determine if they’re lying or not.” I stared deeply in her eyes. “Rukia, you said that you think he likes someone else but you didn’t tell me that you didn’t like him back. You didn’t tell me that you can’t have a relationship with him because he isn’t noble because you’re aware that he is far higher than any noble family leaders. He saved Soul Society for so many times and even risked his life to do so. Don’t tell me you’re still going to deny this? Little Byakuya told me that you already lived in the world of the living and enjoyed yourself. It’s possible for you to stay there, and I even bet you’re going to return there too. Kurosaki Isshin gave up his own seat and handed it to me and stayed in the world of the living for his wife who actually turned out to be Ichigo’s dad. Things could work out.” As I watched her face, there was like a glint of hope in her eyes. I knew it.

“It’s impossible to lie in her face even when I was still little. Please excuse me Nee-san but I have to return to my Barracks now. It’s already dawn.”

“Is it? I barely even noticed.” I looked outside the window and the sun is already rising.

“Sumire-sama, would you like to meet your boyfriend? You could come with me to the 12th Squad Barracks.” Rukia offered.

“Maybe next time Rukia. I promised someone else that I would visit them. Besides, I want to meet the person who replaced me so badly. I sure wish he is good… You guys should go on. I’m going to fix things up first. It was nice meeting you Rukia. I’m going to be seeing you often from now on. I’m watching you Byakuya. I’m never going to let you make the same mistake you did while I was gone ever again. Bye everyone. Be careful.” I went away and headed straight to my room. I pulled my hair down and changed my clothes. I placed on my uniform on and placed my Haori like a sash again. I never noticed that my hair actually grew long up until my waist. I envied Shinji’s hair before. It was very long and silky. It was very hard to miss.

I hanged my Katana on my waist and moved out. I set off towards my old Barracks. I knew the fastest way around from the Manor to there.

I kept running and running but suddenly someone went in my way. It was a little girl with pink hair, looking towards a bag of candies that scattered was on the ground.

It was weird because she was wearing a Kimono plus an adjutant insignia. She was a Lieutenant of the 11th Division Squad. I really shouldn’t judge people by their appearances and age. I mean, I should just look at myself. I don’t even look older that little Byakuya and I don’t look strong as well. It’s a good thing I am great at hiding my Reiatsu, if not, Hollows would have killed me in the world of the living and it normally attracts trouble.