My Little Bother "Chapter Seven" - The Power of a Single Whisper"

Chapter Seven:

The Power of a Single Whisper…

My eyes blanked out as all the past were revealed to me in fast forward motion. Everything was all too clear now. I remember 50 techniques I learned with Sumire and I remember all the things we’ve been through.

“Jūshirō!” Shunsui yelled in horror when I was suddenly slashed on the back by Delia. It was so painful but I couldn’t help but to think of Sumire and all the pain I’ve caused her! I should have stayed by her side when she arrived. I should have believed her the moment she explained everything! I am so sorry my angel.

“No one comes near or I kill him. No body move.” Delia laughed again.

“Why don’t you just fight me, a woman to a woman?” Rukia seems very protective of me. Well I am her Captain after all. I needed no help now that I can think of ten ways on how to get out of this Kidō trap without killing Delia.

“Shut up or I kill your precious Captain. If anyone tries to move and do anything funny, I end his life.” Delia seemed serious about her killing me.

“So what if he dies? Ukitake is dying anyway…” Zaraki-Taichou snorted. He is obviously bluffing so I am in no place to be hurt by his words.

“You’re dying?” Sumire choked out after she stood up.

“Yes, I am.” I lied.

“You took the wrong person to take in as a hostage.” Shunsui looked really pissed.

“Now, now, everyone calm down. After all, I didn’t become a Captain for nothing.” I chuckled. “The twin emblem of grace and passion, show your true colors beneath those crimson eyes… Shatter!” I recited the spell Sumire helped me create. Massive Reiatsu were summoned from allover the place and it surrounded me. I was able to break free of the spell Delia made. “You don’t honestly believe that you would be able to capture and kill a Captain just like that right?” I smiled at Delia.

“That’s my Captain for you.” Rukia declared with excitement.

“That can’t be possible. You can’t do that to me. That was my ultimate bomb spell. How could you disarm it just like that?” Delia was very shocked by what I did and she seemed paralyzed by what she saw.

“Worthless piece of—” Zaraki-Taichou wasn’t able to finish since Yachiru covered his mouth.

“Bakudo no Kyuu, Hōrin…” (Disintegrating Circle) An orange hued tendril with spiraling yellow patterns erupted from the Rukia’s hand and trapped Delia in its grasps. “You’re under arrest!” She tightened the Kidō spell around Delia.

“I’m still here Sumire. Don’t let your mind wander of like that.” Kanji pointed his sword at Sumire’s neck.

“Why can’t you just understand that you’re creepy and unlovable? I don’t like you even the slightest bit so even if you erase my memory a hundred times, I still won’t like you back! Just think about it Kanji… When you erased my memory, I tried so hard to get away from you! I know, deep in my heart that you never will be someone that I would love…” I smiled proudly. That’s my girl.

“Is that so? Then fate might change if we both die then.” Kanji slashed Sumire from her shoulder to her back. We were all alarmed when we saw Sumire crying… Why isn’t she fighting back?

“My angel, don’t give up on me.” I whispered.

“What?” Sumire asked in disbelief.

“Don’t you dare give up on me. Remember your promise! You said that you will stay by my side until the very end.” I smiled at her. What she needs now is motivation and I’ll help her in the only way I could.