My Little Brother "Chapter Eight" - We may not have forever but we do have now"

Chapter Eight:

We may not have forever but we do have now…

Kuchiki Sumire

My eyes slowly opened and I tried to make sense of what was happening… I was in my room and everything was peaceful. I held my left hand up and saw the ring on my ring finger. So it wasn’t all a dream after all.

I stood up and looked around. I saw a pile of paperwork on my study table. I scanned through it and was surprised.

“The Black Ops is being reinstated, Commander Sumire.” Byakuya was suddenly behind me and I hugged him tightly when I looked back.

“How did this happen?” I wondered after I stepped back.

“It was Captain-Commander’s doing. He wanted you back so he was the one who negotiated with the Central 46. All of the Gotei 13 Captains supported him.” He explained.

“Really? Even Mayuri?” I raised an eyebrow.

“I gave him some gifts didn’t I? That should be enough of a bribe.” Was he referring to all those Arrancars he placed under the 12th Division’s jurisdiction? “Yes, I mean those good for nothing Arrancars.” He assured.

“Did the Central 46 say yes?” I asked.

“Of course they did. I was there to support the case after all.” We both laughed together.

“Wait, where is Jūshirō?” I asked, worried.

“He’s in his Barracks with Rukia. They took responsibility of all the paperwork.” He answered.

“Oh, that’s good to hear. Anyway, thank you for supporting me little Byakuya.” I playfully poked his side stomach.

“That has a catch.” This time, he seemed pretty serious.

“And what would you like in return Kuchiki-sama?” I asked sarcastically.

“I want you to tell me who Miya is…” I bit my lip to hide my smile.

“Why, are you interested in her?” I wondered.

“No…” He’s obviously lying!

“Okay, let’s take a seat first.” We sat down on my mattress. It was just like old times when he often has bad dreams and he comes to my room and we talk about it while seating on my bed.

“So, who exactly is she?” He is still a spoiled brat after all.

“She is my previous apprentice and in her young age, she exceeded the qualifications for being a Lieutenant. Miya is very strong and clever which is why I took her as my subordinate. I can’t tell you her real name nor her background since the Black Ops is being reinstated but you could investigate on her. I’ll give you a huge clue. She’d be in my wedding…” I smiled.

“Wedding? You were asleep for a week.” He doesn’t seem too pleased with my answer. I held up the engagement ring on my left hand and that seemed to have him convinced.

“Why are you so interested in her anyway?” I questioned.

“She’s arrogant and rude. I don’t like her and I bet that you’re planning to make her your Lieutenant again. I don’t like that idea which is why I need to know more about her just in case… She talks to me as if she’s even higher than I am. She’s not suited for your company Nee-san.”

“Oh I get it… You’re intimidated by her.” I pinched his nose.

“What? No I’m not!” He pulled back and then hissed.