My Little Brother "Chapter Three" - The Birthday

Chapter three:

The Birthday

“I already told you, didn’t I? I think she likes you back. You just got to build a man’s backbone and tell her how you feel. She’d be a fool to reject you.” He stared at me in incredulity. “And also, I called Byakuya ‘Little Byakuya’ simply because I am older than him.” I answered his previous question.

“What Squad were you in?” He tried changing the subject. Well, I didn’t have any right to be nosy around them. I just think he needed to know what I just said.

“I was the previous 10th Division Squad Captain.”

“So Toushiro replaced you?” He asked in disbelief.

“Why aren’t you acknowledging the ranks of the people around you? You better give respect to me and Byakuya or else I’m going to ban you from Soul Society.” I looked up at him because he was taller than me but I showed authority.

“Can I call you Sumire-san?” He asked.

“That’s better Ichigo. Now, Hitsugaya-Taichou did not replace me. He was simply the one who filled in after I was gone.” He seemed convinced that I really did have the right to banish him. Cool.

“Seriously? You were really older than Byakuya-san?” He wondered.

“Yeah, I get that expression a lot… We’re here. I’m going to make sure Rukia would celebrate a wonderful birthday. Wait, did you check her Barracks? She might be there.” I asked.

“I already did. Even Ukitake wasn’t there.” I winced when I heard his name.

Ukitake Jūshirō

I was a bit saddened while I saw her walk away. I wanted to stop her. I wanted to comfort her, but what if I only hurt her? I feel something about Sumire but I don’t know if it’s just something out of her beauty or something else. I watched how powerful she was and I was really wrong to have called her a child. Actually, she didn’t look like one. She was just really small. A little bit taller that Hitsugaya-Taichou but she was petit. It was like if you knock her too hard, it would be enough to break her bones. She seemed vulnerable. There was no doubt about it, I could remember her but there was nothing in my memory but our academy days. All I am sure of is that I envied her before because she was Sensei’s favorite.

“Are you going to bring me to a more comfortable cell or you’re just going to stand there like a statue?” Kanji asked.

“Oh, I’m sorry. Well, come on big guy.” I pulled him up by is collar and smiled. I’m going to make this guy pay for hurting Angel.  Wait, why did I just think of Sumire in that name?  

“What the hell is your problem?” The guy hissed. “I could barely even stand because of the damage I obtained from your girlfriend. I don’t know what is going on in your head. You seem to be confused. Thank goodness you are. I still have a shot for Sum-sum.”  

“Dream on.” I muttered.

“Since you already rejected her so many times, she is now heart-broken even if she doesn’t say so…” His words were the truth. I did hurt her, but I think it’s for the best.

“I’m not so sure if you still want to talk trash like that. If I were you, I would stop talking before I worsen your current stage.” It was my first time being harsh to anyone. I don’t talk like this. I never do, but something made me do it. It was a strong sense of urge to defend myself.

“Once Sumire regains all her memories, beware. Because the more she remembers, the more I retrieve my powers back. Come to think of it, I gave her half of my powers just to get rid of her memories… About you.” Now I get it. This man wants Sumire to remember him so that he could reclaim his powers back.