05

✼̥

changkyun pulled his coat closer to his body in attempt to shield himself from the cold, harsh breeze of winter.

he entered the school building, pushing past the crowds of people that blocked the hallway. he walked into the cafeteria and headed towards the back of the large room, closest to the vending machine.

the boy sat down, taking out a book and looked over the cover. he had to read it for english class, but, as he eyed the vending machine, his stomach suddenly craved an iced coffee.

digging in his pockets for a couple of coins, he started strolling over towards the tall machine filled with delicious beverages.

quickly placing in the right amount of money, changkyun pressed the buttons and waited for his coffee. with the sound of the bottle hitting the bottom of the dispenser, he swiftly bent down to pick up the drink and then opened the lid.

he took a long swig, allowing the sweet and bitterness of the drink take over his taste buds.

as he was walking back to his table, which, really shouldn't have had been a hard task to do because it was literally ten feet away, yet, changkyun still happened to bump into somebody.

luckily, the cap of the bottle was on, so no coffee went flying—but unlike the iced coffee, changkyun and the unnamed stranger fell to the ground.

"i'm sorry, i wasn't watching where i was going," the boy quietly muttered.

changkyun rubbed his shoulder, which hurt with the impact of hitting the ground. he met eyes with the person, mustering up the best apologetic smile.

"i was too focused on reading the damn ingredients in this iced coffee, i wasn't paying attention. i'm sorry."

he reached out his hand, and the boy hesitantly took it. now, as they were both standing, changkyun noticed how the other's cheeks were flushed with red.

"did i hurt you?" cautiously, he stepped forward, gently cupping the boy's cheek with his free hand and examined his face.

he moved back, away from changkyun's touch: "n-no."

and just as quickly the two stumbled into each other, the boy left, disappearing somewhere among the heap of people.

changkyun was a bit confused by the other boy's behaviour; he just thought he might have been embarrassed about the incident that happened, he never thought of any other possiblities—then again, he chose not to assume anything, especially when he didn't know anything about the other person. changkyun continued walking back to his table, and before he could even open up the unread book, the bell rang.

he let out a silent breath of relief, shoving the book back into his bag, then made his way to his first class.

for some reason, changkyun couldn't stop thinking about the boy he accidentally bumped into. he wondered if the unknown person he had been messaging was anything like him.

a small smile crept onto his face with the thought of his mysterious friend.