43

✼̥

lying on his bed, kihyun stared outside the window, watching as the clouds floated past in the sky.

it was an extremely boring and uneventful saturday, so far, and the pink haired boy only felt like lying on his cozy bed for the rest of the day. he unlocked his phone, glancing at the 'read' sign under his message to chankyun, eyes lingering over the last text the boy had sent- 'i just thought of the best idea ever'. kihyun still didn't have any clue what he was talking about, which made him furrow his brows in confusion, a slight pout forming across his lips.

he was about to type something, until his eyes caught the typing symbol under changkyun's name.

he waited for the boy's message; fingers already hovering over the keypad, ready to respond.

walnut hater: sorry for taking 23 years to reply i had to do something super duper important

peachy: i missed you :((((((

peachy: what was the important thing you needed to do

walnut hater: ok this is gonna be totally cliche but

peachy: omg what is it

walnut hater: look outside your window

kihyun tilted his head in wonderment at the last message. quickly, he stood up from his bed and padded over to the window.

and there, standing on the lawn with a bouquet of flowers grasped one hand, was changkyun. he waved a hand in the air - still clutching his phone - with the widest grin stretching across his features.

instantly, the pink haired boy felt his cheeks go warm and a smile replaced the frown that was on his face moments ago. he waved back, before pointing down, signaling changkyun that he was going to open the front door. once he saw the boy beginning to walk, he started to run downstairs. he slid across the laminated flooring with his socks, and came to a halt once he reached the door.

swinging the door open, he immediately wrapped his arms around his boyfriend's shoulders- trying not to squish the flowers while doing so.

"is this 'the best idea ever'?" kihyun asked, head nuzzled against changkyun's neck.

"yes," the boy replied, wrapping his arms around kihyun's waist. "i know you're still feeling upset about not getting the scholarship, so i thought i could cheer you up."

"just you being here is already making me the happiest."

pulling away, the pink haired boy then placed a kiss on changkyun's forehead. the latter's cheeks bloomed with red, and flustered, he stretched the hand holding the flowers out, watching as kihyun took them with adoration.

after kihyun placed the yellow roses in a vase on his desk, the two decided to build a fort out of pillows and blankets, also coordinating the support of kihyun's desk and chair. it was changkyun's idea, which was also a part of his 'amazing plan' to make kihyun feel happier, and it definitely was working already. the pink haired boy couldn't stop the eruption of giggles that escaped past his lips, and changkyun couldn't stop staring at him with so much love in his eyes.

the two laid on a fluffy blanket, a laptop placed in front of them. they were watching the conjuring (kihyun's idea) and even after watching the trailer for the second movie, and knowing it probably won't be the best of ideas because night time would be soon, they still watched it.

"you're sleeping over tonight," kihyun told changkyun once the second movie ended.

"good." changkyun closed the laptop, pushing it aside so he could move closer to kihyun. "i don't think i'll be sleeping much tonight, though," he shuddered.

there was knocking on the door, and both boy's jumped a little; yelps involuntarily leaving their mouths. mrs yoo spoke through the closed door, saying there were some snacks on the table, which was enough to make the fear in changkyun and kihyun to subside as they left the room in a hurry, and went downstairs to eat.

"so..." changkyun started, but before he could even continue, kihyun interrupted him.

"if you're going to ask if i'm okay, again, the answer is still gonna be the same. i'm okay. actually-" kihyun entwined his and changkyun's fingers together under the table, "-i'm amazing. and that's because i have you right here with me."

the boy shyly smiled, rubbing his thumb soothingly over the back of kihyun's hand. he whispered, "i love you."

the pink haired boy brought their still linked hands up to his lips, placing a soft kiss on the back of changkyun's hand.

"i love you more."

changkyun narrowed his eyes, a grin teasing its way onto his face. "we're not doing this again."

"yes, we are!" kihyun jumped up from his seat. pointing a finger at his boyfriend, he yelled: "i love you way more, lim changkyun!" and then he ran out of the room.

even when the bright sky faded into the stars, the two remained watching movies in the fort they built- kihyun not missing the sunset with changkyun, of course. both decided that since it was night time, they shouldn't watch anymore horror movies, so now they were cuddled up to each other, a movie playing in the background as they talked.

they talked about their future; how they visioned it; how they wanted it.

both knew one thing- that they would be with one another. it didn't matter where they ended up, or even if they were both bald by the time they reached forty years-old, they were just certain they would be happy together.

as the rolling credits displayed on screen, they averted their attention to something else. the two started working on the lyrics to their song. neither wrote anything down, but they knew they would remember how it went. it didn't matter if some notes weren't quite right, it was their own version of love. changkyun was gentle, showing the sweetness in the song; kihyun had a more delicate touch, too, adding in a sense of passion and warmth.

and that was what made it so special, so unique, because only changkyun and kihyun would know how meaningful the music was.

they giggled, stumbled over different lyrics and rhythms, and they were so, deeply in love.

kihyun drew a pattern of a heart on changkyun's chest with his index finger, taking in calm and steady breaths. a smile on his face as if it seemed like it would never disappear, and with the way changkyun made him feel, he really thought that it wouldn't.

"can we sleep here tonight?" the pink haired boy asked.

running his fingers through kihyun's hair, changkyun hummed, "only if you cuddle me all night."

on prompt, kihyun moved his body closer, tangling his and changkyun's legs under the blanket that was covering them. he felt one of changkyun's hands on his back, slowly rubbing it, and he felt like he could stay like that forever.

"thank you," kihyun softly spoke. "thank you for everything."

changkyun grabbed the pink haired boy's hand that was on his chest, slowly entwining their fingers. "that's what you do for someone you love," he said.