13

✼̥

searching through his bag for the right amount of money, changkyun finally found some coins. the boy swiftly strolled over to the very familiar and welcoming vending machine.

he placed the money in the small slot, hitting the correct buttons, then awaiting for his iced coffee.

changkyun couldn't help but think about the unknown person; how he's somewhere in this very building, and he so happens to know his love for the sweet, chilled beverage.

being pulled out of his thoughts when he realized the iced coffee was stuck, and it has still yet to fall and be greeted by changkyun's hold. huffing, the boy crossed his arms over his chest, eyeing the coffee. he had no clue what to do- that was until someone approached him.

"this happens all the time, but if you kick here-" the boy kicked near the bottom of the machine, causing the iced coffee to fall effortlessly into the dispenser "-it all works out."

changkyun bent down, picking up the plastic bottle, then turning to the stranger who helped him. "thanks, i wish you were here last week when the same thing happened, then i wouldn't of had to buy two bottles of iced coffee."

"good thing you like iced coffee, huh?"

"wait, how did-"

"jooheon!" the same boy from changkyun's calculus class approached the two. "we have piano lessons now, remember?"

the pink haired boy glanced at changkyun, a shy smile plastered on his lips, but he soon quickly averted his gaze elsewhere, fidgeting with the sheets of papers in his grasp. changkyun noticed how his cheeks tinged with a light shade of red, he also noted how the boy was trying not to look directly into his eyes.

his own thoughts were cut short when jooheon - the said person who helped changkyun just seconds ago - spoke up.

"see you around, changkyun." he gave a smirk before turning around.

changkyun seemed to have missed the glare the smaller boy was giving his friend as the two left the cafeteria in a hurried manner, also leaving changkyun alone, and very confused.

despite that, the ashy-brown colour haired boy made his way back over to his table.

he placed his iced coffee on the bench, twisting the lid off, then picking it back up, taking a long swig.

he checked his phone whilst he was taking small sips from his drink, a little disappointed to see there were no notifications from a certain friendly, unknown number. he wondered why the person hadn't replied yet; usually they would reply whithin seconds, even minutes.

changkyun then started to think back to what happened moments ago- how jooheon knew about his love for iced coffee and how he already knew his name.

what if 'unknown' was actually jooheon?

the hand holding the bottle stopped midway to his lips. the thoughts were trying to process their way through his mind, and it all started to make sense to him. what if the boy lied about the whole 'wrong number' situation, and was just using that excuse to get closer to him without making it so obvious.

but then changkyun also happened to realize that jooheon wasn't in his calculus class, or any classes for that matter. he let out a deep breath, and went back to quietly sipping on his drink.

and maybe, a tiny thought, a tease, kept lingering around his mind: one saying that maybe a specific pink haired boy could be the mysterious person behind the text messages. but then again, the boy couldn't even meet his gaze, and seemed way too flustered around changkyun. suddenly he couldn't focus on all his cluttered thoughts anymore, and once again he checked his phone in hope there will be a message notification to distract him.

but, to his dismay, there was nothing.

he sighed, locking his phone and shoving it in his pocket. at the same moment, the loud, irritating sound of the bell ringing filled his ears, making him cringe, and dread going to class.

nevertheless, he slung his bag over his shoulder and exited the cafeteria, trudging along to his first lesson.

a/n: i rewrote this like five times and i'm still not satisfied with it but it's the best i can do