28

✼̥

the pink haired boy sat by the window of the frozen yogurt parlour, staring at the menu board behind the cash register, contemplating which topping he wanted to order when his date arrived.

in all honesty, kihyun had never been to that yogurt place before, he just used yogurt toppings as a topic-type thing to try and make it less awkward between him and changkyun when they first started messaging. he never though in a million years, that he would actually go on a date with his crush and they would be eating yogurt.

he sighed, thinking about how 'strawberry swirl' or 'crushed cookies' would probably be the best topping.

in mid-debate on whether the cookie bits would turn soggy with the yogurt and if it really would be worth getting them, the chiming sound of someone entering the store woke kihyun up from his daze.

a shy smile immediately formed across his lips as he watched the boy wander over to his table. rising from the seat, kihyun wrapped his arms around changkyun's kneck, whilst the other placed his hands on his waist, holding him closer.

kihyun muttered a quiet hi which was muffled by changkyun's coat collar, but the boy heard him, and he softly replied why a compliment.

when they took their seats at the table, changkyun asked: "what do you want to order?"

sheepishly, kihyun said, "i'll just get the same thing as you."

the boy nodded, looking back over to the menu board, pouting his bottom lip in concentration as he read over all the different flavours and toppings.

in the end - after the two decided that maybe crushed cookies weren't the best choice, and after changkyun had a slightly heated discussion on his views on why strawberry swirl tasted just as fake as the choc-mint yogurt did -, they both left the frozen yogurt parlour with vanilla yogurt, sliced mangoes decorating the top.

kihyun took a spoonful of the dessert, lifting it up to his mouth. "i can't believe it took us twenty minutes to decide on what yogurt to get."

"i can't believe they didn't even have walnuts as a choice of topping there."

"you don't even like walnuts."

"i know," changkyun chewed on a mango slice, "but it wasn't even an option, like, it was kind of disappointing."

the pink haired boy laughed at the ridiculous statement changkyun made, resulting with some yogurt on his spoon to fall off and land on the ground. he stopped in his tracks, staring down at the now melted dessert on the sidewalk.

"rest in peace delicious yogurt."

rolling his eyes, changkyun placed the spoon in his mouth and grabbed onto the boy's arm, who was waving down at the ground where a single mango slice laid.

"and you call me the dramatic one," he muttered.

the two continued walking along the narrow path, heading towards the beach. after finishing the sweet snacks, and binning it, kihyun held onto changkyun's hand, entwining their fingers together. he guided the boy down to a spot on the rocks, near the water.

sitting down on a flat rock, they waited for the sky to transform into different sets of oranges and rosy-pinks.

when the first sign of the golden lights plastered against the horizon, changkyun turned his head, facing the other. he was in complete adoration as he saw the smile that rested on kihyun's face; how he looked so peaceful and calm in this moment. it was really easy for changkyun to admire how effortlessly beautiful the other was, because no matter what, kihyun always looked ethereal in the most simplest way.

eventually, the pink haired boy felt the other boy's gaze on him, so, he turned his head to face at him.

changkyun raised a hand, gently resting his fingers on kihyun's jawline. the boy's eyebrows raised slightly, lips parted, as if to say something, but no words were spoken. instead, the sound of the waves crashing on the rocks below them was the only thing keeping the silence away.

"can i tell you something?"

kihyun closed his mouth, humming in response.

"i really like you," changkyun said, and then slowly, he leaned closer. as the space separating them became non-existent, both closed their eyes, soaking up every moment their lips moved against each other's.

once they pulled away, the corner of kihyun's lips curl upwards; cheeks dusted in a pretty light-red.

the other lowered his head, suddenly feeling extremely shy and flustered after his impulsive action. but when the pink haired boy let out a soft, breathy laugh, it captured his attention.

changkyun tilted his head to the side, cheeks also burning hot. kihyun smiled, "i really, really like you, changkyun. you know this. so, please, don't be shy."

it was kind of ironic for kihyun to say something like that - considering that he was very timid himself - but, they both were feeling a bit awkward and nervous after everything that has just happened, plus after finally confessing their feelings towards one another in person. nevertheless, kihyun gripped onto the other boy's fingers, entwining them.

he leaned in once more. his plan was to kiss changkyun, but, with the anxiousness rushing through his body, his lips totally missed changkyun's and he ended up kissing him on the nose.

the two started laughing, completely forgetting about how embarrassing that could've been, and instead they just enjoyed how the music of each other's laughter filled the air.

"can i try that again?"

"what? kiss me?" changkyun smugly smiled, his façade differing from the way he was acting before.

kihyun scoffed. "i just remembered i forgot to feed my cats, i suddenly have to go."

he rose from the rock, only taking a few steps away before changkyun grabbed his arm, spinning the boy back around. he whispered, almost desperately, "just kiss me, please."

and without uttering another sentence, kihyun did. it was a simple, closed-mouth kiss, that lasted no more than five seconds, but they were both left happy.

the sky changed, now, fiery-red and splotches of topaz covered the pale blue, filling the lingering clouds with its colours. the two did eventually sit back down again, leaning against each other as they watched the sunset, sharing the beautiful moment only between them.

it was lulling, innocent, and sometimes people don't want to share those things with others.