40

✼̥

sitting quietly in the piano room, changkyun and kihyun were sipping on their iced coffees. they sat cross-legged on the floor, leaning against the wall next to the piano. occasionally, they would bring up a time where they had seen one another in the hallways of school; not knowing how important they would be to each other one day. or about the times when they would make quick eye contact, and kihyun's cheeks would burn because of his crush on the other.

changkyun wished he got to know kihyun sooner. that way, they could've spent more time together. but he didn't like to dwell on those emotions for too long- they always ended up hurting him.

the pink haired boy covered his mouth, attempting to suppress his giggles - which didn't really work - as changkyun would tell embarrassing stories.

yet the peacefulness was soon disrupted when jooheon and hyungwon walked into the music room.

the two were talking really loudly, not acknowledging the other presences in the room. but, when kihyun awkwardly coughed, they stopped. jooheon apologized if they 'ruined the mood', adding a wink once he finished his sentence, which made the pink haired boy let out a disgruntled screeched whilst covering his face.

sitting down across from the couple, the tallest boy out of the four said, "i can't believe you're moving away."

jooheon hit hyungwon's arm, "he's not moving away yet, shut up."

with the topic suddenly brought up, kihyun could feel how the atmosphere changed all too rapidly; how changkyun seemed too busy eyeing his coffee, with a slight frown on his lips, probably thinking a little more into the 'yet' than he should be.

"when do you know if you've got the scholarship?" jooheon asked, unknown to how the situation was affecting the couple.

kihyun shrugged. "maybe tomorrow? i'm not sure."

the two boys nodded, frowns on both of their faces, too. but those soon disappeared when hyungwon received a text notification, and jooheon was suddenly interested in it as well.

changkyun looked down at his and kihyun's entwined fingers, smiling at their bracelets around their wrists. he was proud of his boyfriend for so many reasons- most importantly because kihyun was trying to pursue his dreams. he wanted to do something he loved; something that made him happy. and that itself, made changkyun extremely proud.

kihyun guided a finger over his own bracelet. "wherever we are, we'll always be together. that's what you said, remember?"

"of course i remember."

"we can make anything work." kihyun cupped changkyun's cheeks, leaning in.

as they were about to kiss, both jooheon and hyungwon muttered 'gotta blast' and hastily dashed out of the room.

changkyun smiled, and gently gripped the collar of kihyun's shirt, pulling him closer once again. they closed their eyes as their lips pressed together, moving passionately to a beat only those two knew.

once they broke away, and even if it was just them in the room, kihyun's shy demeanor returned.

"i made a song for you," the corner of his lips curled upwards, yet he couldn't bring himself to look into changkyun's eyes. "it doesn't have any lyrics, but i was hoping we could write some together."

"can i hear it?" changkyun asked, and the pink haired boy met his eyes this time and nodded.

he made his way over to the piano, taking a seat on the leather stool with changkyun sitting down next to him. carefully, kihyun placed his fingers on the right keys, looking at them twice to make sure it was all correct. then he started to move his fingers over the keys, creating a sweet, melodic sound that resonated within the room.

it was a song only for them; a rhythm, an expression, only changkyun and kihyun would hold the most important meaning for. as the seconds past by, and with every delicate touch of the keys, and with every minute spent with kihyun, changkyun started to imagine what story the lyrics should say. he knew it would be about them. he thought it could be an idea of how their own real life story should end- with hope that him and kihyun would stay together right up until the very last line.

changkyun and kihyun didn't need to hope that they would stay together.

they just knew they would.