29

me: pinky

me: where are you

pinky💓💕: i stg if 'pinky' is my name in ur phone i'm gonna block u

pinky💓💕: music room 2

me: ..........it's not..

me: nice i'm on my way

me: and i'm bringing iced coffee :D

pinky💓💕: iT IS FJJDJD CHANGE IT

pinky💓💕: i'm not even surprised anymore????

changkyun locked his phone, sliding it into his jacket pocket, a grin on his face. the boy climbed the stairs to the music rooms. as he approached the second room, he could hear someone playing a piano inside - he knew it was kihyun - and he stayed still for a moment, listening to the lovely sound filling the atmosphere.

when the music finally ceased, he placed one of the iced coffee bottles under his arm so he could open the door. it made a creaking sound which caused the pink haired boy sitting near the piano to turn around.

his eyes lit up instantly and he quickly walked over to changkyun. hugging him, he mumbled, "hi, i missed you."

"we've literally been texting all morning and we were together yesterday."

"so what? i'm not allowed to miss my boyfriend?" kihyun broke the hug, jutting out his bottom lip and looking away.

yet the ashy-brown haired boy just placed a finger under kihyun's chin, moving his face to look at him again. gently, changkyun kissed his lips. he only pulled away once he felt the other smiling into the kiss.

"good, now don't ever stop smiling." he poked boy's cheek. kihyun rolled his eyes at the other's sappy remark.

"you're such a dork."

"i know."

changkyun then passed one of the iced coffee bottles to kihyun, which he happily took it, and both of them walked over to the leather stool in front of the piano kihyun was playing on minutes ago.

after small conversation, and continuous sips of the chilled beverage, the pink haired boy decided to play a song for his boyfriend.

it was soothing, and slow, and changkyun rested his head on the other's shoulder, watching as his finger moved delicately across the keys. at the end of the song, kihyun held onto changkyun's hand, rubbing the back of his hand with his index finger.

suddenly, the music room door flew open, and jooheon and a boy - changkyun didn't recognize him - strolled in laughing.

"and look at this meme- oh. hey, guys, i didn't know you were in here," the tall, lanky boy said.

he lowered his phone, awkwardly smiling at the two. kihyun gave a wave and a quick hello, whereas changkyun just nodded his head- he tried mustering up a friendly smile as well, but it probably looked more like a grimace-type grin.

jooheon just smirked at both of them, then he nudged the person's arm next to him. on prompt, the boy lifted up his phone again, showing jooheon the picture.

changkyun, being curious of the other's presence, asked, "who's that guy?"

"hyungwon. he usually hangs around here because hoseok has guitar lessons. he's totally whipped for him, honestly."

kihyun's voice had a teasing tone to it and he made sure it was loud enough for hyungwon to hear, which he did, and the boy immediately started protesting against his words- even if the blush on his cheeks were telling them otherwise.

when the room went back to its peaceful state - mostly because jooheon and hyungwon were too absorbed in their phones, probably looking at memes - the two boys decided to head to class. the bell wasn't going to ring for another ten minutes, but really, changkyun just wanted to walk his boyfriend to his first lesson.

although, kihyun said he was fine walking alone, changkyun reminded him of the time he said he would hold his hand and walk him to class.

the pink haired tangled their fingers together, trying to distract himself from the heat spreading across his cheeks.

but, for some reason, when they reached a more crowed corridor, it almost seemed like kihyun didn't want changkyun to hold his hand after all. he kept his gaze on the faded grey-coloured floor; his grip on he other's hand loosened slightly. he didn't even respond when changkyun asked if he was okay.

it was like he was embarrassed to be seen with his boyfriend.

yet changkyun didn't want to assume anything negative, he just thought maybe kihyun was a bit afraid and nervous, especially being surrounded by their classmates. he thought the boy needed some time to feel more comfortable with their new relationship. it was always going to be scary, and different, but he thought they would get past that.

changkyun thought everything was going to be alright.