Chapter 7

Julia's POV:

  I was so confused after everything that happened yesterday. I did not go to school today only because I was not allowed. It was my first day of OSS. I really missed Avery's class. I just want to know how she could kiss me and say it couldn't happen again. It could if we wanted to right? I doubt she wanted to kiss me though. I tried to brush those thoughts away because i have a girlfriend. I just felt so tingly when I was around Avery and the kiss just added to it. My whole world stopped when our lips touched. I mentally scolded myself. I heard a knock on the door. I fixed my hair as i walked over to the door. When I opened it i freaking saw Avery.

"Avery," I said in complete shock.

"I wanted to bring your missing work to you," she smiled holding a few papers in her hand.

"You can come in. I mean if you're allowed," I moved out of the entrance welcoming her in.

  She stepped inside. I admit I felt a bit awkward at first. Luckily my mom wasn't home. I had moved back in to my house. My mom hasn't been here though. She was probably off drinking or doing God knows what. I guided Avery into my living room and let her sit on the couch. I ran into the kitchen and got us both a glass of water.  She handed me my school work and I looked over the papers.

"This sucks," I said throwing the papers onto the little, brown table in front of us.

"There isn't really much work for you to make up. I could always help you if you need it," She offered.

"Thank you," I spoke.

  There was an awkward silence for a minute. I looked over at Avery and stared at her soft features. She glanced at me and I tried to remove my eyes from her but I couldn't. She was beautiful. We made eye contact and there it was again. That feeling that made me crumble inside. We were quite close to each other. I remember what Avery said after we kissed. Even if we did try to be together it would fail. We could never work. Just thinking of Avery that way made me upset.

"I'm surprised you came here after yesterday," I said breaking the silence in fear something would've happened.

She looked down, "I am sorry about that. I was lost and wanted to calm you down."

"Well it did calm me down," I sighed.

Avery then said the unthinkable, "I like you Julia. I really do. That is why I distanced myself from you. I'm stupid for feeling this way. I'm your teacher. Why would anyone your age even want to be with someone like me? I'm not even attractive."

Totally caught by surprise I grabbed her hand, "I like you too. You're absolutely beautiful and make me feel so weak but strong at the same time. I'm stupid for liking someone when I have a girlfriend. Avery, you are not even that old. You're so young and very attractive."

  I could see tears in her eyes. She shook her head and tightened her grip on my hand. We both know we were doing the wrong thing. I wanted to cry. I hated this feeling. Why did she have to have such a weird affect on me. She got up and started heading for the door. I got up and followed her.

"I should go this was wrong," She sniffled.

I grabbed her hand, "Wait."

She stopped and kept her head low with a weak voice she spoke, "Julia."

"I want to kiss you one last time," I said hoping I could feel her lips once more.

  I walked up closer to her. I wiped away a tear on her cheek with my thumb. My heart was beating fast and my stomach had this feeling. It wasn't exactly that butterfly feeling but somewhat like that. We gazed into each others eyes. 

"Please," I said once more.

  She looked down at my lips and I looked down at hers. Slowly I put one hand to her cheek and one on her lower back. I brought my face closer to her and I could feel her breathing. I closed my eyes and placed my lips on hers. Without hesitation she kissed me back. Both her hands were on my back and she pulled me into her leaving no space between us. All my thoughts went away and my main focus was her. I heard a sniffle as she pulled away. My cheeks were wet. Not from my tears though. Avery had let a few tears escape her eyes. 

"Bye Julia," she tried to hurry out the door.

I quickly grabbed her and pulled her into a hug, "Bye, Avery."

  I closed the door behind me after she left. As I walked into the kitchen I grabbed an empty glass and harshly grabbed it throwing it to the ground in front of me. I leaned against the wall and slid my back down to the ground. I brought my legs to my chest and cried. She made me feel special. I wanted her more than ever now. I heard something behind me and I looked up. 

"Julia what the happened," Violet said worriedly.

"Avery. I'm breaking up with Cam," I said still crying.

  I know I loved cam but I'm not right for her. She deserves better. Plus with Avery in my head now. I needed time to be alone and figure things out. The pain I felt was horrible. I liked Avery. She was so kind, sensitive, and stunning. Violet did not do anything except clean up the glass mess. We got some beers and dragged me to my room. I really had no energy. We just drank and watched Netflix like always. Violet knew not to bother me right now. I told her everything which meant I was soon going to tell her about the kiss. The kiss I desperately missed and craved so much.

A/N

Well school has officially taken over. :)

It will not stop me from writing though!!