Chapter 18

Avery's POV:

It was Wednesday when I was kidnapped I guess you can say. Today was Saturday and I came up with a plan to get the hell out of here and save Julia. The first thing I had to do was get into that room Jessica always had locked. She said I wasn't allowed in there. Luckily Jessica was going out soon so that would give me time to see what I can do with the lock.

After Jessica left I went searching the house. I've been playing along with her but not making it too obvious. The door  to the secret room was still locked like always. I started picking at it with a bobby pin. It didn't work though so I kept looking around. I thought back to the shots maybe she hid the key somewhere in there. I walked downstairs to the box and like always it was locked with a code. I forgot. I tried to guess it and surprisingly it was my birthday.  Did she really think I wouldn't get it? I stopped myself and focused. The box only had one shot in it. There was a peeling of fabric and when I pulled it back the key was there. I ran upstairs and unlocked the door. I was shocked when I saw what was in it. A nursery. I started to panic but had to find out how to get Julia. I went back down stairs and searched for something to get Julia out of that place. I found a tool box in a storage room and immediately went to look in it. The only things in there were a hammer and screw. I grabbed the hammer and left. I ran as fast as I could to the place I was that was hidden. I did not even care about the branches flicking at my body. I finally found where Julia was hidden and uncovered it. 

"Julia hang on I'm coming," I yelled.

I took the hammer and began hitting the wooden door with it. It slowly started crumbling away. For the first time in a while I felt a smile of success spread across my face. A few more hits in and i finally had an opening I could fit through. I made my way down the ladder and saw Julia. She was looking at me and in that moment there were no words needed to tell how happy we were to see each other.

"Help the key is over there," She said.

I ran over to the side. There was water and crackers down here. I felt so sorry for all this. It was my fault. I quickly grabbed the keys and got Julia out. We quickly went back up the ladder. I did not wait for Julia to say anything. I gave her a hug and kissed her.

I asked, "How are you feeling?"

"A little weak but I can manage. Lets get the hell out of here," She replied smiling.

We began find our way out of here as fast as we could. All of a sudden I felt a pain go through me. Jessica had attacked me. I was now fighting against her grip she was trying to give me a shot. Julia came from the side and tackled Jessica. I was light headed after getting the wind knocked out of me but Jessica was strangling Julia now and I needed to help. I grabbed Jessica and punched her. Jessica was still stronger than me. I grabbed the shot I had in my pocket from the box and stabbed Jessica in the back. I injected her with what ever the hell was in the syringe. She looked at me surprised. I saw Julia getting off the ground.

"Don't ever come near me or my girl ever again," I said and left with Julia.

~~~~~

Julia's POV:

Two years went by. Avery and I were engaged. I mean we were both hesitant about it especially since she was a mom now. It turns out that the nursery Jessica made was for "their" child. I loved Avery though. I knew that I wanted to have her in my life forever. I was now a mother to our daughter Lana. I was always helping Avery out because I did not want her to stress out. I was in college and Avery was teaching again. We ended up living with my father. My  mom doesn't know about anything except the kidnapping. It was on the news for about a week. After Avery syringed Jessica we got away. We walked for at least five miles until we found people to help. The police went back and arrested Jessica.  

"Time to eat," my dad called from the kitchen.

I heard Lana laughing. I knew she was downstairs with him. They were close and I was happy for them both. I looked over at Avery and smiled. "Are you ready to go down?"

"Maybe in just a moment," she smirked and leaned into to kiss me. I carefully shut my laptop and let her straddle me. 

I wrapped my arms around her neck pulling her closer. Her hands were running up and down my torso. I was infatuated with the smell of her perfume. We were seconds away from having sex when Lana started crying from our absence. We both sighed and got up to go down stairs.

"When she goes to sleep be prepared to finish what we started," Avery said putting her hand on my lower back as we entered the kitchen. I winked as we sat down to eat the delicious soup my dad made.

"Thanks for everything," Avery said to my father.

I thanked him as well and leaned over to hug him. I realized this is what having a family was like. We were all sitting together having dinner and my heart was filled. I don't think I could have pictured a life without Avery in it. I loved her and I knew we were  forever. no matter what.

A/N

I am really disappointed in this story. It is done now and I will be writing another one that will have actual time and care put into it. I have some ideas that I am excited about. I will not publish it until it is completely finished though. Although this definitely was not my best story I entered it in the the wattys2017. I won't be surprised if I don't win but I'm happy I finally completed this story and didn't abandon it. I hope some of you enjoyed it while it was a decent story. Just be prepared for my upcoming one. I will probably post short stories too in between to stay active. Thank you all! :)