Gotta Catch Her (Taehyung/V x Reader)

Taehyung drums his fingers on the coffee table 'patiently' waiting for you in the cafe you two loved to go to. You, as always, are a good 5 minutes fashionably late, and he is always 5 minutes early. The thick and bitter aroma of coffee fills the air, wafting out into the busy streets. The streets are packed with people which makes sense, it's rush hour on a Friday. The soft ring of the bell above the door knocks Taehyung out of his daze and towards you.

You are wearing a messenger bag, it is stuffed so full he can see some of the scratch papers you use for character design peeking out. Your hair is disheveled and your eyes wild as you slide into the seat across him. You self consciously pat your hair down before panting out, "Sorry got caught up at uni. I was so distracted with this new character I was making and I didn't notice the time. Gosh, I'm such a hor-"

He chuckles, "It's fine, honestly, I don't mind. So how's art design school so far?"

Your eyes immediately light out before gushing, " I love it. It gives me so many option to release my creativity and the professors there are so good. Their artwork and the way they speak so passionately just inspire you! One of my peers liked my work so much that he asked me to create a character that he can implement in his webcomic that he's working on. Here, I'll show you the character design so far."

Your hands fumble around in your messenger bag before retrieving your phone. You input your passcode and click on the photos app. You hand him the phone and he takes a good look at it before you ask him, "Soooo, do you like it?"

"It's good as always. Looks Chinese though, was that the theme?" Taehyung asks. He pushes the power button to shut off the phone. Taehyung puts the phone face down on the desk and notices a new phone case on your phone. It's a flareon phone case. It has a red background, spots for the fur, and emerald green eyes. He admires it for a while as you ramble on about the theme.

"Did you make this phone case?" he asks as he slips you the coffee he bought you.

You nod your head excitedly, "Yah! I was inspired from the new Pokemon Go game. It's actually really fun! You should play it some time Taehyungie."

"Isn't flareon like the worst eevee evolution stat wise?" Taehyung asks, not at all bothered by the cute nickname you gave him.

"Well! I don't care about stats! It's the level of cute that matters in a pokemon." you respond.

He chuckles again, "Do you even have a flareon?"

You choke on your coffee before answering, "Welllllll..... No?"

He laughs now.

"Don't blame me! All the eevees I need are in the downtown park. And I'm too busy to go there, especially now, it's finals season! And I have all my finals tomorrow."

"Fine fine." Taehyung says.

You two chat for a little while until 5, when you say you have to leave to study for finals. He walks you back to your apartment, and says a remorseful goodbye.

It isn't till he reaches his apartment that he realizes he still has YOUR phone with him. And so, he concocts a plan. A plan to get you that flareon you really want. He hops on his computer, searching up how to play Pokemon go. Taehyung ends up developing a plan, a plan he thinks is well thought out.

He heads out to the downtown park later, after he has charged your phone. After catching the first eevee, which took a long time and a lot of pokeballs (he wasn't a natural born pokemaster like Jungkook after all), he managed to press all the right buttons and name the cute little eevee, pyro. And so he sets out on his tiring quest to catch enough eevees to evolve pyro into the cute little flareon you wanted.

The next day while you are at school he takes his set of keys he has to your apartment and opens it up. On your bedside table he places your phone, a bouquet of roses, and a handwritten note. Quietly, he heads out of your apartment, careful as to not disturb anything else.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You trudge back to your apartment, tired after a long and BORING day of finals. Taking your keys, you open your apartment door and flop onto your bed, completely wasted. You lay there for a good half an hour before your stupid stomachs decides that it is hungry. As you are getting out of the bed you finally notice Taehyung's little set up.

You grin from ear to ear as you pick up the handwritten note.

Hey Y/N,

Don't overwork yourself sweetie. And check your pokemon while you're at it ;) Good luck on your finals! Fighting! Love you <3

~Taehyung (your one and only true love)

You unlock your phone and open the pokemon go app. There you see a new pokemon, Flareon, with the name Lil'Tae. You gasp in utter shock and nearly drop to the floor if it weren't for the two hands that managed to sneak around your waist.

"Hey sweetie. Do you like it?" he asked.

"I.... Oh Taehyung. You didn't have to do this for me! This is too much to repay! It's..."

He cuts you off there as his lips swoop down to capture yours. The kiss was sweet and gentle, but by the time you pulled away you were already blushing.

"Come on honey, I have Chinese takeout and cake in the kitchen. We can celebrate you being done with finals by watching the next season of the Office." he cheerfully says as he drags you out of the bedroom to the steamy warm food waiting only a room away.