Intoxicated

He was nervous.

His first day of college began today, and boy was he nervous. The campus was so large compared to the small cramped schools in Busan. In his hands he clutched a crinkled paper, a map, the only thing that was able to guide him in this monstrosity of a place. Navigating his way between the crowds of bustling students, he managed to make his way through the sea of people. Climbing up the steps of what he presumed to be Science Department, Jimin stopped and took a moment to reflect.

He had come so far, all the way from Busan to Seoul. He couldn't let things like nerves get in way of his potential and ability to succeed.

Taking a deep breath in and out, he opened the door and walked inside his first class. Seating himself in the first row, he began to slowly unpacking his stuff. A array of pastel blue school supplies now laid themselves down to rest of the hard oak wood table in the lecture hall. And finally, he unpacked his rilakkuma pencil box.

Slowly groups of students started to stream into the lecture hall. One by one the seats started filling up, but yet no one dared to sit in the first row. Was the teacher really that scary? Jimin began to bite his lip, utterly terrified. Maybe he should move? But that would make him seem like a coward.

Deep breaths Jimin, you can make it through this.

Eyeing the door, it opened and one of what he presumed as a student walked up to the podium in the front of the room.

"Greetings class. My name is Dr. Namjoon and I teach Economics. If you aren't supposed to be in Economics I suggest that you pack up and ask me where your classroom is before you miss your entire first lecture." he paused. "Since none of you seem to be leaving, I'll assume you are supposed to be here. Today, we will first begin with the syllabus."

Dr. Namjoon came down the aisles, passing out the syllabus as he went. With each step Jimin began to calm down. It would be ok, just another boring class.

And then, BOOM!

The door banged open. In the entrance stood a panting girl. Her hair was disheveled, her clothes a dissray, everything about her was a mess, but she was beautiful.

Slowly patting her hair down she asked, "Hi, I'm Y/N, is this economics?"

----------------------------------------

You and Y/N quickly become friends after she sat down the first day. You pretend to not notice the way your heart picks up around her, or how you feel when she hung around Taehyung or Jungkook.

The two of you were total opposites. Jimin was shy and you were brash. He was a respectable student while you attended every party college had to offer. But yet he was intoxicated by you, it was almost an obsession.

Eventually he asked you out and you surprisingly said yes. He was overwhelmed and overjoyed. You were an angel to him, gorgeous and stunning in every way. Jimin couldn't believe that you were finally his, all his.

But one day you snapped. Your family had been murdered, a robbery the police had said. Jimin tried his best to console you as you laid beside him in your shared apartment. You just pushed him away saying, "I'm fine, I'm fine."

You were never the same.

Slowly, he noticed you slipping away, slipping from his grasp. You went out more, coming home smelling like cheap cologne and beer.

"Where have you been?" Jimin asked.

"Just at work, why?" you responded.

"Can you stop lying?" he replied, a harsh edge to his voice.

"What lies?" you asked, panicking a little.

"Nothing, just trying to keep you on your toes." Jimin said, forcing a smile. The tone of voice that you used clearly proved that you were lying.

"Oh, ok. I'm going to head to bed, night!"

"Night" Jimin responded.

Jimin knew you were lying, he knew. He knew you were unfaithful, he knew. And it broke him, he sobbed uncontrollably.

Wrapped inside the comforters of your bed you listened, listened as your boyfriend cried his heart out. But you didn't help him.

You were Jimin's everything, his one and only, even though you had lost your mind. No matter how much you hurt him, he couldn't bear to leave you. But it was ok, he loved the way you lied.