Perfection (Jungkook x Reader)

Your boyfriend Jungkook is perfect in every way. He's a shining idol, one of the most popular in Korea. He's talented in art, singing, dancing, composing, and sports. He's hilarious and always manages to cheer you up with his bunny smile and cute jokes.

And what are you? Apparently fate decided that it would be great to make you his other part. At least temporarily, until they found another one suited to fit his heart.

~-~

When your relationship goes public, all hell manages to break loose. It's insane.

It had started from a simple outing to the convenience store.

"Jagi! Have you seen my face mask anywhere?" your boyfriend asks.

"Nope, sorry!" you reply back from the other end of your apartment.

"Can you go with me to the store to get some more?" Jungkook says/

"Yah sure!" you reply cheerfully.

-~-

The two of you trudge along to the store, both bundled up in layers of cloth to protect yourselves from the cold harsh weather.

You two finally reach the convenience store at 10. He opens the door for you, like the perfect man he was. After following him throughout the aisles of the shop, he finally finds what he was looking for. A simple pack of white face masks to protect him from the prying eyes of the public. He pays and you wait anxiously, unable to hold of the strong desire to hop in bed.

He notices this and takes your hand into yours. He gives you that adorable bunny smile of his as he opens the door, his hand still intertwined with yours.

The minute the two of you step outside the store, white lights blind you. Cameras flash. Reporters bombard you with questions. You are numb to the outside world and the only thing rooting you in your spot was Jungkook. He guides you through the screaming and wild crowd of reporters, desperate for their next big scoop. He mumbles something into your ear, but you're deaf to all.

-~-

You wake up the next morning, searching for the usual spot of warmth beside you. It's empty, cold, and completely barren. You sigh.

With your fumbling hands, you manage to grab your phone from the nightstand. Unlocking it, you're surprised to see the sudden boom of replies on you latest tweet. Posts like:

Ewww! Get away from Jungkook.

He's out of your league girl!

You're not worth his time.

---

A month passes by with this consistent repetition of hatred. Slowly, you begin to accept the facts. He's wasting his time. He's perfect and obviously deserves a much better person then you.

After all, you are just an undergrad student with massive student debt, no talent, okay looks, and barely any friends. Your grades are mediocre, you certainly don't go to the greatest of schools. But yet he's still there by your side. And deep inside, you think he's wasting his time on you.

--

So you go to talk to Jin.

"Hey Jin~oppa." you great politely.

"Hi Y/N! To what do I owe this pleasure?" he responds, smiling graciously toward you.

"Ummmm... about that. I want... I want to break up with Jungkook." you timidly reply.

"What?!?" he says, his jaw hanging wide open.

"Yah... it's just I'm tired of our relationship." you reason.

He stays mute.

"Could you keep him away from me for a while?"

Through a lot of reasoning, you finally get him to agree.

"I don't like this... but fine. I'll do it."

----

So you ignore him. And just as Jin promises, he keeps his word. In the month that you haven't seen Jungkook you've managed to apply to a different college, move cities, change your phone number, name, social media. You cut off all your previous relationships, demolishing your once happy memories with others.

Everything is gone.

Except for one thing, the memory of Jungkook, the perfect boy. In your heart you still want him, but you know you don't deserve him.