Roses Have Thorns (Jungkook x Reader)

A rose begins from a seed.

You and him started out as strangers.

"Jungkook, your lab partner will be Y/N" the professor called.

You watched as a black haired boy swung his backpack over his shoulder and walked over to where you were. He extended out his hand saying, "Hi Y/N! I'm Jungkook, hope we can become good friends."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That friendship slowly budded.

"Hey Y/N! You want to come over to my place to do the chem project?"

You blushed, trying to not take this the wrong way, "Yah sure, what time?"

"6, I'll swing by your house to pick you up!" He answered, smiling oh so innocently at you.

If possible your cheeks managed to get even redder.

"Y/N, you ok? Your face is red." He questioned, putting a finger under your chin so he could see you face properly.

You stumbled back a little at the action before quickly answering, "No, no, I'm fine Jungkook. Thank you for asking."

"Ok good! I can't have you missing out on tonight."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ew! I can't actually believe Jungkook is friends with you. He must be pitying you honey."

"Yah! I mean look at you, your thighs are so large I bet you had to resize them just to get them to fit."

"You're soooo fat. It's obvious you don't belong here."

"Why don't you just leave already. No one wants you anyways."

You cry, for the first in a million times. Your sobs fill up the air along with their harsh comments towards you. Through your blurry eyes you manage to pick up Jungkook telling the girls off. Berating them for what they did to you.

They soon leave in a hurry after that and Jungkook crouches in front of you, brushing the tears out of your eyes.

"Hey Y/N. You'll be ok, I promise. I'll always be there for you."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later that month your relationship starts to blossom.

You're walking along the halls of your school when a singular voice breaks through it all,"Hey Y/N! Wanna go to the dance with me?"

You drop everything you were once holding, your books scattering to the floor. You turn around only to see Jungkook smiling sheepishly at you.

"You want me to help you with that?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Y/N, come out of the stall, I'm not going to wait here forever while you try on one hundred different dresses!"

You are in the middle of changing out of one of them, after noticing that your thighs seemed a bit too large in it. Seems that the girls from earlier were right, you were fat. You riffled through the current stack of dresses you had, none of them were long enough to cover your legs.

"Y/N! Come out now! We are dress shopping for the dance together so you have MY input on the dress. If you are just going to stay in there there's no point."

You sniffled. "Please don't laugh at me then."

You cautiously open the changing stall. Jungkook is waiting on the leather couch in front of you, wearing a simple white shirt and jeans, looking way better than you could in a million years.

Upon seeing you get out he jumps to his feet, eager to see you. His mouth drops open at the sight.

"I know, I look ugly and fat." you say.

He takes you into his arms, his deep voice causing vibrations, "Don't you ever say that again. You're beautiful and don't let anyone tell you anything else. Besides that dress looks perfect on you jagi."

"Jagi?"

"Yah, you are my girlfriend now."

You blush, your cheeks tinting a rosey color.

"You're ok with that right?" he asks as he pulls away from you.

You nod your head again.

"Good." is all he says and he leans down to peck your lips. "Get that dress, I'm paying."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He pulls up at your house in a sleek black car, and runs out to go retrieve you, grabbing some flowers.

You're putting the final touches on your outfit as the doorbell rings, resounding through your sad apartment. Your mom is working extra shifts as usual and isn't home. You rush over to the door, being careful not to ruin your hair.

Jungkook is waiting outside, looking absolutely handsome in his suit. His dark brown hair is slightly swept to the side, making him look incredibly gorgeous. Smiling, he hands you a bouquet of roses, a soft golden and the bottom which makes it's way up to an elegant red.

"You look amazing Y/N."

You blush for the millionth time since you've been in his company.

He extends his arms out to you like a gentleman, you take it while smiling.

Jungkook is perfect like a rose, a perfect gentleman, a perfect student, and a perfect boyfriend.

--

"Y/N" Jungkook says, trying to get your attention. It's been a perfect movie night so far, Zootopia is playing in the background. You two are at the scene where Judy is all gloomy after calling her parents.

"I'm going to have to move to Seoul, I got accepted at Bighit and I'm to join their newest group, Bangtan Sonyeondan." he whispers.

Your heart stops, completely stops. You're shocked. You can't say anything, it is just too much. You manage to get out, "When are you leaving?"

"Tomorrow." he lowers his gaze to his lap.

You start crying, sobbing. Each breath you take feels like it's your last. It's heart-wrenching this feeling, it tears you from the inside of your heart, your very soul, all the way out. You barely notice the way that he hugs you, the way his arms wrap around your waist. All you can do is focus on the thought of him leaving you.

He was your boyfriend, your saviour, your perfect rose.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are walking along the streets five years later. Your eyes wander to a poster on the building along the street, a picture of one of the most successful bands, Bangtan Sonyeondan. They become quite popular, all the fangirls simply adore the members. The youngest one, the maknae, Jungkook had just got himself a girlfriend, Jieun.

She was pretty, much more pretty than you had ever been. She was the type of girl that every man lusted for.

You hoped that she had a guarded heart though.

Because Jungkook's passion for music was like a thorn, it stung everyone, even the one's that were closest to his heart.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every perfect rose has thorns.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  I WAS INCREDIBLY CLOSE TO LEGITIMATELY CRYING AFTER I READ THIS OMG FLARE I HATE YOU