violet

of course you would of asked for me to go on a date with you, and of course i would of said yes.

it was a given.

but i, obviously, with my scattered brain, had forgotten about the date, that resided only a mere half hour to the current time in which i had then sat stressing. sprawled across my bed, pondering every possible outcome to how this could lead.

were you a physco?

maybe a pervert?

maybe had a crazy ex-girlfriend that was probably already planning to kill me?

the possibilities were practically endless. and i, with my brain that would overthink everything, pictured all of this possibilities to the point where i even forgot about the date at hand.

it was very pitiful of me.

gaining the courage to finally pull myself off the bed, that resided beneath my figure, i headed over to my closet.

i never had to bother with makeup, which was a plus for me, and my hair was settled in loose waves, fortunately due to the braids in my hair from the night before, so there was those two worried off the table.

without knowing, at the time, where we were going, even though you refused to tell me, despite my pleas, i decided to play it slightly safe.

you said you liked gray, and thankfully a gray piece of fabric lay hung up in my closet. pulling it out i admired the slip between my fingers. it was perfect.

i still have this dress, even to this current time. you had always encouraged me to wear it around the house, for no apparent reason, just so you could 'admire me', and who was i to object.

grabbing some random necklace off my dresser, which i vaguely remember, i was almost ready for the night.

almost.

running rampant around my room for a good ten minutes, i searched for the one piece that would complete this outfit for our date, yet to no prevail.

sinking down onto the corner of my bed, no hope could reach me, and i believed, at that time, that you would have to remember me as 'the dull girl with no originality'.

i wanted to do something you'd remember me by. something out of the ordinary. something, different.

it then dawned on me.

reaching for my phone, that was placed beside me on the sheet of my bed, i unlock it and scroll to our previous messages. specifically the one where you had told me what you had preferred me to wear.

'mint yoongi:
i love it when girls wear high heels and the colour grey
10:35'

springing up from my position, i rush to my closet once again, opening it and sinking to the bottom. rummaging through the piles of shoes that lay on the ground, i found them. and just on time too, as you had run my doorbell.

the perfect, violet heels to wear on a date with the boy with the mint-coloured hair.