She of Other Worlds

A breeze breathes through the branches of towering trees, young and old alike. The leaves chatter amongst themselves, while below upon the ground a strange figure comes to view. This figure does not move.
She does not speak, only watches and listens to things so far away that only in one's sweetest (or strangest) dreams can one have such powerful senses.
And yet, the Lady is no dream.
Her hair, that of which resembles the darkest of night skies that would hold the stars and moon in thrall.
Her eyes, the color of a well polished green jade.
A mouth that cloaks itself in crimson so well that even blood shows jealousy.
Her skin is truly pale, yet flawless. She is one with the weather while it snows, as its flakes adorn her hair.
But even when many would sing her praises, she won't answer them. Her eyes suddenly close, and she is moving, gone yet not gone. Invisible yet heard, moving over the ground, moving-'ching- -ching-'
She's stopped in a clearing through the first, her jade eyes writhing.
It's a bloody clearing, but not any longer. Bodies lay mangled and broken, as all blood upon the ground hisses and sinks deep into the earth.
Her eyes find the form of a rattled child.
-ching- -ching- The tie at the waist of her kimono giggles sweetly, a harsh contrast to the environment around the two. Ah, the frightened child has seen her, and cringes.
"Who are you?" The boy asks.
The voice that answers back is schooled and steadied by sheer will, yet deadly and gentle.
"Who I am, is that truly important to you, when you are the last survivor of whatever transpired here?"
The woman, swathed in dark silk, bent her knees and slid carefully down upon the blood free grass.
"Only.. only survivor!"
The blonde haired boy shrieked, " It can't be true!"
The woman tilted her head gracefully, eyes shading over with pity.
"I want Ada!"
The woman murmured, "Ada?"
The little one's eyes managed to lock on to hers for a second before the forest welcomed the howls of hell and the shrieks of devils of all stripes became known.
"Get behind me, child." The Lady's voice was whispy and light, yet held burdening threat to what comes.
Needless to say, the boy hastened to her words and gripped part of her kimono skirt tightly.
"Hand the elf brat over, broad."
- snap -
The Lady has withdrawn her fan, holding it close to her face.
"I shall not do anything of the sort."
She will not reveal her face to these ugly, uncouth beasts.
Such is their nature, for these creatures are orcs.
Her words are final, and the beasts see this as a challenge, daring to come forth from the shroud of trees and shrubs.
"So bold, daring to come from your hole, your home amongst the hidden in the dark. Here is your just reward."
A scream from the orc who insulted her as others follow suit. The action is so unexpected that the child by her side gasps and then shudders. He still clings to the skirts of her gown. Her hand that once held her fan is outstretched, empty, but not for long. The fan returned to her hand willingly, a faint hum from it as it settles.
"Now you may know my name, little one."
The yelps of shocked wargs who smell their master's blood on the wind flee as if hell had betrayed them and was now on their very heels.
The Lady turns to the child, tilting her head to the side as if curious.
"I am Yuekura Shaenling Balon. You are?"
The elf child stammered "M-my name is Legolas."
There was a vocal 'hmm' from the Lady.
"Do you have a home that I can escort you to, Legolas?"
"Yes!"
A pale hand with red nails extended to the child, the elfling stared at it before finally taking hold of her hand.
The woman, Yuekura, wondered if there was something wrong with her hand.

"What are you, Yue?" The question caught the woman off guard, her steps paused lightly.
"I could ask you the same, as you possess the form of a human nearly completely. And yet, your ki is vastly different."
"Ki?" The child asked as the two moved through the canopy of trees.
"Ki, Legolas is a natural power that all creatures are born with. Your kind might call it magic."
Legolas squealed, eyes bright. "You're a wizard then?!"
Lady Yuekura chuckled, taking in the change in emotions from the child.
"I suppose I could be."
A blue gate the color of an ocean came into view, and Legolas yelled in surprise.
Pale white hands where upon his back, gently guiding him forwards.
"Here is your home. This... is your home, correct?"
Yue wanted to make sure she wasn't sending him into a orc lair.
The elfling beamed up at her.
"Yes, Ada is waiting, I'm sure!"
" Your.. father?"
"Yup!"