Words Like Cloaks and Daggers

She glanced after the tiny, retreating form of Legolas and the doors closed behind him. She turned her head back and barely disguised a shocked inhale of breath. Thranduil, as he was called, had moved without her knowing nor hearing. He was gazing at her through half closed eyes, a mere two inches between them. She said nothing, holding his gaze. She had to, to look away was to cave. He circled behind her, she felt the bell that was tied around her waist lift on its string. She turned her head. He was looking at the tiny bell, holding it between his thumb and forefinger. "You'll forgive my curiosity. It is not everyday that one would come across you in their path."
"Oh? Should I cross paths with you more often then?" There was a coy smile on her face, and it was returned with a smirk befitted by his eyes that carried a momentary mischievous light. "Perhaps." Then all fun and games dissipated from him. Yue felt the air turn somber. "Your son...."
Thranduil gestured for her to continue.
" I was a distance away, and I could smell blood and tears on the winds. I moved further into the smell and stood in the trees, finding mostly corpses and a crying elven child."
Yue's eyes became shadowed with pity and sadness.
"I stood there, a moment, watching until your elfling called out to me, drawing me out from the forest edge. I had gotten there just in time, as they had returned with more orcs, with wargs not far behind them." Thranduil snapped his head to her. "You say they returned?"
Yue nodded, withdrew her fan and spread it wide as it hovered midair of her palm.
Thranduil's eyes flashed in shock. "What?-"
Yue moved her arm to the side, her long nails fanning out. The fan became a blur, hovering in front of the Elvenking, before settling in her hand again.
"I killed the orcs and then sent their warg pack fleeing. When I had first got there, no orcs whereas there was evidence of them."
Thranduil stared at the fan she now held close.
"What are you? Are you one of the wizards?"
Yue furrowed her eyes back into her brows. There was that word again, wizards.
"You could do everything I am capable of, if you practice and strengthened your ki. You could even do this." She'd stepped up to Thranduil, her long index finger tapped his forehead.
Thranduil gaped with eyes unseeing for a moment.
"What!-You?...." Thranduil breathed finally after Yue's finger moved from his forehead. "These..... are your memories?"
Yue replied, "I know just by looking at you that caution is your key. Thus I trust my memories will suffice."