War Wisdom

Yue had coldly dismissed the maids, telling them to refrain from attending to her.
She'd found out the maids were hired by this very same council member.
Yuekura's fiery temper soared. So this moron, would declare his war against her! And yet he most likely plans to escape uscathed.
Yue smiled then, a dangerous thing that was worse than a thousand knives. If he wanted to make her seem like a gold digger...
Then Yue will play along to an extent. She smirked, knowing tonight was the night that the Feast of Starlight would ensue. As such, it was the perfect place for showing off.

Mumbling words and chatter of this is elves created a buzz in the grand gazebo which held the night's event.
Elves danced upon this grand space, content in the arms of their partners.
Tables long and grand placed outside of the gazebo where loaded with candles, upon plates and platters nestled the fruits of labor, upon the tables. There where two thrones, one was occupied by the Elvenking, a smaller one sat next to his own. However, it was empty.
The Elven king had one hand supporting his head, two fingers curled slightly now and then. He had been trying to be patient. It was about twenty minutes into the event.
He knew that his son would be with the ever-so-unique Yuekura Shaenling Balon.
The voice of the Paige who announced the arrival of guests jolted him from his impatient reverie.
"Presenting: Young Prince Legolas, accompanying him as a special guest, Lady Yuekura Shaenling Balon."
Hundreds of expecting gazes tuned to the entrance on that starry night, the stars flickered lightly as if they too, had waited patiently for her arrival.
And arrive she did.
Legolas was glowing with the shine youth can only give, Thranduil stared in shock.
Any efforts to get Legolas to wear something other than leathers, furs, and normal cloth is painstaking.
Yet, the prince shimmered tonight.
His son wore a green and gold robe, a gold shawl leaked from his small arms like he was holding liquid gold as if by magic as it ripped.
His hair was pinned down his back with a simple pin resembling a long feather.
Now, the one beside him. Thranduil's eyes popped and he'd found himself standing, unknowing of how he had stood up from his throne without noticing.
Legolas paused by the doorway, one hand by the doorway, the other behind his back.
You could hear an elf's breath as they all waited in suspense.
A slim hand, manicured with gold and black nails placed her hand over a tiny one, gently.
Thranduil's breath caught in his throat.
Out of the corner of his eyes, he saw a few jaws hit the floor.
It isn't easy for elves of all races to gasp put at the beauty of another.
Yue had worn her hair down, pinned down only at the top of her head, which sat a large headdress that twinkled and shone of gold, onyx and black diamonds both polished and cut. Strands of gems from it swayed every time she moved.
Her long black mane trailed down her hips.
The wide sleeves of her dress resembled great wings, double layered as was her gowns skirts.
Her shoulders and back had a curled metal gold that spanned out and ,matched her headdress.
Her hair seemed to turn brighter, as did the stars in the sky.
Everyone looked up and was astonished, the abnormality disappeared as quickly as they saw it.
Thranduil didn't look up as the others did, as he perhaps should have.
He was too busy locking eyes with the Lingering Lady.

(The stars and their flashes are significant. Remember, hair so dark the stars mistook it for the night sky instead.)