The Lingering Lady and the Elusive Elven King

Thranduil scratched relentlessly on a parchment that had been placed before him. One after another. Everything from tax, to guard schedules for the months to come, to matters on the council. 'Ching-ching' 'Ching-a-ching'
What in Eru's name is that noise? Thranduil looked up, glaring at the door. His expression changed as soon as he heard the excited chatter of an elfling he knew all too well. The doors burst open again, Thranduil noted. The usual blur of Legolas was on hyper speed this time, and launched at Thranduil with a giggle.
"She's here, she's here!"
Thranduil was confused for a second, until he looked up and saw a strange, yet beautiful creature swathed in a dark silk. She herself had high cheekbones, narrow eyes that studied him with jade irises that he swore could see through his being. She had lips of red, hair so dark as to make the night sky jealous. Wait! This woman, was she the Lingering Lady that his guards reported many times?
He looked again and his doubts cleared. Definitely.
Legolas squirmed in his arms.
"Ada, I wanted you to meet her beforehand so I mayhavesnuckoutside again."
Legolas finished the sentence quickly, Hoping that his father would brush it aside.
"Legolas!" Thranduil scolded.
No such luck for the little ellon.
Thranduil's head snapped up as he heard the sound again, -Ching-ling- He had seen her move closer, he could see her better. Her hair was up in a strange way, with what looked like heavy pins going through it. A fan she held depicted that of a skull.
The sound he heard came from a bell tied to a string that wrapped around her hips.
"Charmed to meet you, King Thranduil." The Lady dipped her head gracefully, then back up again.
"I am indeed the Lingering Lady, but by a name you should know me."
The smile from her was enough to make Legolas gaze up to her with moony eyes, set in awe.
"I am Yuekura Shaenling Balon. However, your son has taken to calling me 'Yue' so I suppose
you can as well."
Her voice was soft, low, like a whisper but not so that it disguised her voice at all.
Thranduil cleared his throat. " Yes, my son has told me that you had saved his life. Regarding that, I am eternally grateful to you for guarding his life."
He looked down at Legolas, who was looking up at his father.
"Legolas told me he invited you to our feast of starlight. You are indeed welcome here. I would also like to invite you to remain here for a time, if you do not object."
Glistening jade eyes assessed him and glanced down at a puppy eyed Legolas before she answered.
"I would be most happy to accept your invitations, from the both of you."
Thranduil put the elfling on his feet gently. "Legolas, I would like to ask the details of what happened from Lady..Yue." He'd hesitated to say her name. "Go, find Tauriel, I am  sure  she will be happy to play with you."