Petal hair.

Yue turned away from the boy elf, taking her leave. However, when he called her name, she craned her head back to him, eyebrow lifted in silent question.
" We're having a party three days from now, the Feast of Starlight. Can you come?" The elfling's eyes glittered with the intense hope for his savior's answer.
Yue looked calmly, regarding the elf child with a soothing smile. She undid a clasp on the left earring she wore, and flung it over her head to the boy.
"You will see me there. I will be wearing one earring on my right ear."
The Lady turned away then, vanishing as quickly as she had come, leaving a bewildered elfling behind that held tight her left earring.
A promise after another one.

Tapping of heels moving at an irritated pace where heard before wide doors to the ElvenKings halls burst open. The guards stared as the patter of tiny feet rushed past.
One elven guard looks to the other on the opposed side of the door and questions in surprise,
"Wasn't that?-" "Yup," replies the other guard without waiting for the first to finish his sentence.
"Isn't he supposed to be traveling to-" "Yup."
It took both of the guards a moment to realize that there was something wrong with that picture, and took off after the young elf prince. "Prince Legolas, wait!" "Prince!"

The fast pitter patter of feet was heard again, only this time a tall, corn silk haired ellon stared at the door a moment before it burst open and a blur that possessed a similar size as he sprung at him.
"Ada!" Squeaked the elfling.
"Legolas!" What are you doing here, still in Mirkwood?"
The adult elf studied his son, noting hair out of place, then to his horror, seeing his son's  clothes darkened in a familiar shade of crimson.
"What has happened, Legolas?! Are you injured!?" The relief from the Elven king was surely so strongly emanated that it could have been plucked from the air like a grape from it's vine, as his elfling shook his head.
"No Ada, someone saved my life today." Then the elfling's eyes turned dark with tears still unshed.
"They're all dead. They're all dead."
The elfling muttered this as rivers poured, and the Elvenking, now switched to being father, closed his arms around his son in a tight embrace.
"Who attacked, little leaf?" Legolas's body shuddered as another wave of tears came.
"Orcs... "
"Who saved you?"
"A woman Ada. I invited her to the Feast of Starlight." The elfling produced a strange earring, a dark blue polished stone in the center of shimmering silver.
"She said I would know her because she would be wearing the other earring."
The Elvenking was eager for information and pressed, "A name Legolas, a name?" The elfling looked up at his Adar.
"Her name was Yuekura Shaenling Balon."
This plunged the Elvenking into his own mind.
"Did she accept your invitation?" Asked Legolas's father as he paced.
The cheeky grin from the child nearly caused his father to completely stop his pacing and stare.
No scratch that, oh my he's staring.
The Elvenking was stumped.
"Are you crushing on a woman you have barely met?" Demanded Thranduil. The response was an explosive shriek, "NO!"
The elfling had turned a shade of red that would have Thranduil's favorite wine made into a pale imitation.
"I just... admire her. And I owe her, lots!" Replied the indignant elf boy.