Chapter 3

"Babe.." Mingyu whispers to his phone. But he heard no response. "B-babe? Are you there?" He furrowed his brows and hang his phone to check if the call is still running.

"H-Hello babe? Why aren't you speak-- Wonwoo? Are you crying?!"

Wonwoo ended the call and Mingyu felt so worried. He immediately left his father's office and went to Jeon residence. Mingyu is sure that Wonwoo is at home since they don't have any schedule today. Wonwoo doesn't allow the younger to visit him at home without his permission. Up to now, his mother is not aware of their relationship. Wonwoo's real sexual orientation is still a secret. But Mingyu can't just stay on his feet knowing that Wonwoo is not responding and seems like crying. Without Wonwoo's consent, Mingyu went to his home.

He felt his heart beating fast as he knocked on the door. He's not sure if it's because he is worried for Wonwoo or he is just nervous to face his boyfriend's mother. And after a while, he confirmed it, it's the latter.

When the door slowly opens, Mingyu felt his heart beats more than the normal speed. He unconciously bites his lower lip and his eyes slightly turns wider in surprise when Wonwoo's mother appears behind the door. He was welcomed by her sweet confused smile. "M-Mrs. J-Jeon.." Mingyu stutters.

"Hello there! You are M-Min.." she taps her index finger on his cheek as he try to remember the young boy's name. But then she gave up, "I'm sorry, who are you again?"

"M-Mingyu, ma'am." he utters in calmer tone. "Oh yes! It's Mingyu. By the way, Wonwoo is not here dear, if you're looking for him."

"Ah yes. B-but why? I mean, where did he go?" Mingyu gets more worried on what he heard. He looks down at his phone and taps it repeatedly. Mrs. Jeon noticed his uneasiness and tilts her head to look closely to Mingyu. "Is there something wrong?" she asked.

Mingyu lift his head up and lock his sad eyes on Wonwoo's mother. Mrs. Jeon furrowed his brows in confusion until he saw someone walks behind Mingyu and her face brightened. "Wonwoo!"

Mingyu silently gasps and immediately turn to his back to his lover sulking. "Babe!"

"Babe?"

Mingyu froze and Wonwoo raise his head up in shock. Wrong move Mingyu.

"You called my son babe?" Mingyu swallowed hard and look at his back in panic. "N-no ma'am. That's not what you're thinking. Let me--"

"So what do you want me to think? You called my son babe. Are you in a relationship?"

"No!" Wonwoo blurted.

"Yeah, no!" Mingyu repeated but frowns when he realized what Wonwoo said. "No?" he whispers to himself.

" Jeon Wonwoo! Talk to this guy! I think there's something wrong with him." Mrs. Jeon narrowed her eyes on Mingyu before getting inside.

"Yes mom. I'm sorry."

The door was shut close and Wonwoo and Mingyu were left outside with an uncomfortable silence. Mingyu move his feet towards the older but he pauses when Wonwoo retreats. "I-I'm sorry." he said in a low voice but still audible.

Wonwoo chuckles bitterly and avert his gaze anywhere but Mingyu. "That's what I'm really expecting to hear from you." A tear suddenly fall down from his eyes then he lower his head. "But that's not what I want to hear from you."

"What do you mean? Babe, why are you crying?" Mingyu moves closer in concern and inwardly sighs when Wonwoo didn't step back. He hold the older on his both arms and asks him in so much concern, "B-babe what's wrong?"

But Wonwoo didn't speak instead he sobs. Mingyu's lips parted in surprise and pull the older closer to him and rests Wonwoo's head on his chest. Wonwoo continue to sob when he felt the younger's heartbeat. He then move his arms to return the hug to Mingyu. The taller takes a deep breath as he gently caress the other's head. He keeps on asking what's wrong but Wonwoo will just sniff and cry.