http//: 5

Someone touched the back of my neck, and I felt my eyes pop open. I looked around as my eyes contracted and expanded, focusing on my surroundings.

"Hi, Phil. I have a couple questions for you, okay?" The man from the hologram looked into my eyes as I nodded, my mind reeling with the plan it seemed to have made up while I rested. Dan stood a few metres away, hugging his elbows. "Join me?" Chris asked, and I nodded again, following him and Dan to the living room. I sat on the couch, and Chris and Dan took the chairs opposite. Chris looked at me intently while Dan tried to look anywhere but me.

"So, Phil, how do you feel about Dan?" Chris asked. Dan looked very interested in his fingernails, but I could tell he was listening closely to my response.

"I love him very much." I replied. Chris nodded as Dan looked up, shock spread all over his face. Chris wrote briefly on the tablet he held, then turned his attention back to me.

"And how do you think he looks right now?" I gave Dan a quick glance, but had already formulated my response.

"Very beautiful." I replied. I wasn't lying too much- he did look very nice in his monochrome clothes and black earrings, his slightly curling hair disregarded where it hung in his eyes as he gaped, open-mouthed at me. "This low light makes his eyes shine like diamonds." Dan was now looking from Chris to me to Chris like a tennis match- bewilderment still etched into every line on his face.

"One last question- what was the first thing you did when Dan kissed you last night?" Chris looked up from the tablet and looked at me closely.

"I kissed him, too. I wanted to touch him, to feel his skin under mine. I love him."

"It's lying!" Dan shouted, finally jumping up from his chair. I kept my face straight as Chris chuckled.

"Droids can't lie, Dan." He looked Dan over quickly as his face straightened. "But humans can." Dan looked at me with hate burning in his eyes. I tried to give him an innocent look.

"I don't want it, Christopher." He said under his breath. He said it softly, but he wasn't trying to keep it from me- he had made it very evident what he wanted. Chris shook his head.

"I can't take him unless there's something wrong with him, and from what I can tell, he's fine. His wiring is in order, his responses factory grade..." He stood and pat Dan on the shoulder. "I know what you've been through is hard but-"

"You don't know anything." he spat. "Please, let me return it." I looked away as Dan looked to me, and Chris sighed.

"I'm sorry, Dan, but that's beyond my abilities." Chris began to walk to the hallway. He paused in the doorway, and looked back. "Try teaching him what you want him to do. That's his specialty." And he left, shutting the door hard behind him. Dan looked at me, fuming, and stormed from the room without a word.

I quickly followed him.

"Daniel! Daniel, I apologise, I-" he rounded on me, making me go quiet.

"Why did you lie?" He looked angry, but he sounded like he was about to cry. He sounded hurt. I was silent for a second, but then I looked down to my feet.

"I don't want to die." I mumbled. He fumed, and turned away again, heading to his office. But I persisted, catching his arm.

"Please-" I started, but he yanked his arm away and pushed me, hard, ramming me into the wall. It didn't hurt- I don't have the capacity for pain- but he suddenly looked very scared, and left, quickly, slamming his office door behind him. I slid down the wall and sat.

I only want to stay. How much is that to ask?