if he smiled, what then?

chapter three

yuuichiro

I could see it. I was certain he didn't think I could. He held it back, hid it behind a veil of anger and aloofness. New to this world and I was already so sure no one else could pull those accursed curtains of his apart and see everything broken, shattered and forgotten. Every single part of me from my beating heart to the blood rushing up my veins wanted one thing: to help him.

How could I possibly do that? Someone I barely knew, met seconds ago. I was a Junior Genie. There was only one thing I could do for this stranger who I yearned for...

I had to break the rules.

←*→

"Your name. You still haven't told me," pulling away from the boy, I silently choked as I saw the tears raining down his face. I wanted to wipe them away but I knew that was the last thing he wanted. Would the rain stop falling if I tried, though? His cheeks were red and his lips were trembling. However, overall, I knew his sapphire blue eyes would have been dazzling... if he were smiling.

"Mikaela, Hyakuya Mikaela." He hoisted himself up, turned around and stumbled out of my grasp. I ran after him and walked along his side. He was an inch or two taller than me which partly annoyed me. His body language made it pretty clear to me that he didn't wish to speak. Every once in a while he'd sigh and look anywhere but my direction. His hands were just there and I wondered what he would do if I held them. I knew, I wasn't who he wanted here. Sometimes, I wish my powers could change one's emotions but then I didn't...

My eyes shifted up to the sky, a place were treasures would lie yet it looked absolutely, completely and totally horrible. A cloudless night filled the endless black sky. A vortex of utter darkness and chaos, there was no light, tonight. Bleak and grim. It perfectly matched him.

If I held him or made him smile would the moon appear, would there be stars?

We ended up in front of a crooked wooden gate and a cosy cottage nestled at the edge of a forest. It was a bit isolated, however, not a shred of it seemed lonely. It had a wrap around porch and there was I could see the wind chimes and one old wooden rocking chair. The roof a tad crooked and the slates painted honey brown. The exterior bricks were a kaleidoscope of colours: from brick red to maple to cream. The door was painted pale green, subtle and filled me with warmth.

The cottage itself sat snug in the middle of a garden. I began clomping down the path, echoing the peaceful atmosphere that encased the whole area. I noticed a small rivulet rushing underneath the minuscule bridge, a few rainbow fish, swimming downstream, which shocked me. The bridge itself was encrusted in colourful tiles, each being made with a story to tell. Oscillating in the zephyr, the grass- that was neatly trimmed- was crawling with cicadas, chirping and singing a melody that enveloped the garden in serenity.

Small flowers littered the whole garden, from tulips to camellias to gardenias, their aroma lingering with the wind. I wondered who made the garden- he was staring at with sadness- so beautiful? My eyes, only after absorbing the tranquil scenery, noticed that the boy had already walked in through the door and left it wide open. I rushed after him, tutting, and closed the door behind me.

I could smell the timber floors and firewood. There was a large opening filled with vintage sofas with floral designs. An old TV in one corner of the room and a large cream coloured rug on the floor. A fireplace, coffee table, a few shelves stacked with books and china filled up the remaining space of the living room.

I heard footsteps and turned around to see him walking towards me with blankets in his hand. I felt a pang of disappointment but didn't know why. He threw them in my direction and then stalked off into the small maze of a corridor.

I held the blankets in one hand and began to levitate. This was a wooden house, if I walked, there was bound to be some creaking noises. I slowly floated after him. Holding my breath, I followed him into a room and there he lay with his face on his pillow. At this point, I was invisible. He couldn't see me. (I was a Genie, of course, I could turn invisible and float!)

The room was plain, with softly faded covers on a double sized bed and fluffy rugs on the floor. There were shelves and there was a desk littered with books and paper. His curtains were drawn and outside you could see that serene garden.

I drifted closer and closer towards him. I couldn't see much but the back of his head. Blonde strands scattered across his bed and I dreamed what it would have felt like to touch. Every inch of me wanted to know what he was thinking, was he hurting? Could he be capable of trusting me? Was I capable of making him trust me? What did he look like when he was smiling? I could do a bit of magic and force him but it wouldn't be the same...

His head twitched and I disappeared.

I ended up back in the living room. Pulling my jeans off, I threw myself onto the sofa and pulled the blankets over me. I could have magicked-up a king sized bed but I didn't. The small chandelier rocking back and forth on top of me was quite soothing. Magic had its ups and down but sometimes I liked normal. I crossed my arms behind my head and sighed.

When was the last time I slept in a house that wasn't made of magic, that was real?

I tilted my head back to the corridor. I wondered how Guren and his annoying boyfriend were doing. 

  ←*→  

A/N: yay for updates. i am shocked i'm not as slow as i thought i'd be. i dunno if i'd call this a filler chapter but yeah

what did you think of it? it was pretty slow and dead! XD but kayoout and fwuffy

yay for gramma  

but what did yuu mean by breaking rules and who is gurens bf? XD

buy buy ^___^