Chapter Two

Newt and I quickly changed into our robes

Newt and I quickly changed into our robes. Pickett held on for dear life on my shoulder. We headed off the train to the boats.

"First years this way! Four to a boat!" Two boys sat behind us that we paid no intention too. Pickett just stuck his tongue out at them. The inside of the castle was as beautiful as the outside.

All the first years walked into this huge room. A hat stood on a stool, and students sat at long tables waiting for the sorting. I wasn't paying attention to the other students.

"Scamander, Newt." The lady said.

"More like Salamander," the boy said next to me. I just kept smiling and stomped on his foot. Newt looked back and smiled.

"Hmm loyal and smart. HUFFLEPUFF!" I smiled and clapped as newt went up to sit with them

"Mason, Alexandra." I took a deep breathe as I sat down on the stool.

"Very brave, loyal, smart, and cunning. Although, you a very loyal to your friends and family. HUFFLEPUFF!" My smile enlarged as I made my way over to Newt. He nudged my shoulder.

"I knew we'd be in the same house." I grinned again and nudged him back. The prefects led us to our common room. When we went inside. It smelled good. Like really good.

Newt and I plopped down onto a couch by the fire. I grabbed a piece of paper and a quill and wrote to my mum.

Dear mum,

I made a new friend, and his name is Newt. He's super nice, and already my best friend. We both made Hufflepuff. The sorting hat remembered you and dad with Gryffindor, but he knew where I wanted to be.

I love and miss you.

Sincerely,
Alex

"What's that?" Newt asked with curiosity. "Just a letter to my mum. I get it to the owlry tomorrow since classes don't start until Monday." I replied. Today was Friday, so we stayed up late talking again. Nobody really had gone to bed.

"I think I'm going to go to bed." I said whilst yawning.

"Ok. Well goodnight." I waved awkwardly, and Pickett did too. I headed upstairs to the dorm. I found an empty bed between two girls.

"Hi I'm Lizzy!"

"I'm Molly." They both introduced themselves.

"Hi, I'm Alex!" We talked for a half and hour, until I fell asleep. As well as my little pal Pickett.

Sorry for such short chapters guysss.

I NEED SOME SUGGESTIONS. Also thanks for the nice comments. Makes meh day.

Where are you guys from?