Chapter Three

"Wake up!" I jolted out of my bed at the sound of someone yelling in my ear

"Wake up!" I jolted out of my bed at the sound of someone yelling in my ear. Pickett almost flew off the bed they were so loud. I looked to either side of me to find Lizzy and Molly each two inches from my face. "You're going to miss breakfast." I stood up from bed, got dressed and put Pickett back onto my shoulder, as he got tangled in my hair. I walked downstairs.

He stood by the entryway of the common room.

"You didn't have to wait you know." He shook his head.

"Well I wanted too." Pickett unsnarled himself from my hair, and hopped onto Newts shoulder. I giggled as he did. Newt and I walked down t breakfast both starving. I ate some pancakes and bacon, while newt stuffed his face.

"Hey, wanna come down to the owlry with me to deliver this?" He nodded with his face full of food. I rolled my eyes as my blue eyed friend stood up.
.
The owlry was really just a tower full of windows and owls. I handed mine to a snowy white owl. I whispered the address as it took off into flight.

"This place is amazing." I said linking my arm with Newts.

"It is." Pickett stayed sitting on his shoulder watching the view before us. Black Lake.
.
Newt and I had gotten our schedules later that day, and of course we had all of the same classes. I sat at lunch, waiting for the owl to deliver my moms message. Suddenly, a snowy owl came into view, and it dropped a letter in front of me. Newt was jotting down facts about his creatures. Pickett watching the quill move back and forth as he wrote.

Dear Alex,

Congrats on making Hufflepuff! Very proud. Even though your not in Gryffindor, that doesn't mean you still won't have a brilliant time there. Newt seems like a very nice boy. Can't wait to see you at Christmas! Love and miss you!

Sincerely,
Mum xx

I smiled at my mums letter.
.
Classes start today, I'm kind of nervous. Newt too. We walked down to our first class. Charms, with the Gryffindors.

When we strode in we were the first ones. "Lets sit in the front." I giggled as we sat down. People started piling in.
.
"Why is yours flying and mine isn't?" Newt asked frustrated.

"Did you do the swish and flick thingy the teacher taught us?" By the end of class Newt had his feather in the air.

We walked outside for our next class. "Aww could poor Salamander not get his wittle feather in da air? Animal freak." A boy from Gryffindor and his friends walked out. Newt looked down at his feet. No way.

I shot a glare at the boys. "Excuse me how many times did it take you to get yours in the air? What's your name?"

"Uh. Brandon." I chuckled with a smirk plastered on my face.

"Ok so quit being an arse, go pick on someone your own size." I stomped on his foot, until he grabbed it. The people around us just stared. Yeah I have a mouth.

"Come on Newt." I liked arms with him as we stormed off to Flying Lessons.

"Why'd you do that?" He asked.

"Your my best friend. Why wouldn't I?"
.
Newt had a hard time to get his broom up.

"Up! Up! UP!" I had gotten mine the first time. "Wow you should try out for Quidditch next year!" He said.

"Maybe I will." I said flipping my hair playfully. He chucked.

Finally got his broom up. 

Well.... alex sure has a mouth... IM SO SORRY I HAD TOO. I WAS LAUGHING SO HARD WHILE WRITING THIS!!

what should happen in their second year?? Comment!!