Chapter Eight

{not edited bc I don't feel like it}

We reappear in the street in front of the Woolworth building. "Erm. Sorry but I do have things to do, actually." I just kept glancing down at my shoes.

"You'll have to rearrange!" Tina snaps. "What are you doing here in New York?"

"I came to buy a birthday present," he says to her. I just listened in trailing behind.

"Couldn't you have done that in London?" She asks still gripping Newts arm. Why would he have gone through all this trouble to buy a birthday present? Newt starts talking about the Appaloosa Puffskiens. He said they are only found in New York? Tina shut him down because breeding is illegal here, and that we shut that guy down a year ago.

We walked inside and a gigantic clock hang from the ceiling. The dial on it said 'Severe: Unexplained Activity'. Behind that hung a large picture of the president: Seraphina Picquery. We came to a large elevator. "I-I'm not going. I'll meet you down by the Wand Permit Office." Tina nodded and her and Newt went into it going up to bother the President. Again.

I sit on Tina's desk (next to mine. I just work down here for the money. Maybe I can pay to go back to England soon) waiting for them to return.

They finally do, fairly quickly, Tina had that look on her face every time the president shuts her down. Tina began to rustle with some papers.

"So you have your wand permit? All foreigners must have one." Tina keeps eyeing Newt with a suspicious look.

"I-I made a post application weeks ago." He responds. "You were in Equatorial Guinea?" Wow he's done a lot since I last saw him. I just sat their awkwardly.

"I've just completed a year in the field. I'm writing a book about magical creatures." I smiled at his response. Of course he was.

"An extermination guide?" I rolled my eyes. "A guide to help people understand why we should be protecting these creatures instead of killing them." I took the opportunity to glance at Newt for a long while. He's grown so much since the last time I had seen him. Taller, hair a little longer, and his eyes still beautiful. Beautiful ocean eyes.

Albernathy walks over to her desk. Tina quickly ducked down behind it, attempting to hide. "Goldstein! Did you butt in on the investigator team again?!" He asked with a stern tone in his voice. I earned a quick nod with my presence. "Where'd she pick you up?" He looks at Newt.

"M-me?" Tina gave him the same look she gave me earlier. Mr. Graves walked up to us. Tina quickly tried to explain everything. "This is Mr. Scamander. He has a crazy creature in his case. Caused mayhem in a bank earlier sir." A crowd had gathered around Newts case. Newt and I stood back. I looked at him, while he looked at me. Worry in his eyes.

They unlocked the case and a sweet smell filled my nose. I looked over and saw pastries. Newt doesn't collect pastries. Newts faces grows with even more worry knowing that's not his case.

Are you kidding me.

ALRIGHT WHO SHIPS IT BC I DO😂😂

this chapter was better right? hopefully. one or two more chapters will be coming your way. thanks for the nice comments! makes my day :)