Chapter 6

Before I was even able to tell him what happened with me in the past few days , Ross , his personal servant , came in .

Ross cleared his throat before speaking " Mr. Luke I would like to tell you that Ms. Courtney 8July has arrived and is waiting for you in the main hall " .

Luke stood up straight  before giving Ross the permission to leave . He pulled me up before saying  " I'm sorry sweetheart but work always has to destroy these amazing,  sweet moments " . I looked at his face that showed nothing but annoyance and his eyes that always shined with love and care.

"It's okay " I replied calmly before kissing the top of his hand that I was holding between mine  . He smiled at me warmly before paying me back with a small peck on the cheek .

**************************

Driving a motorcycle at a breakneck speed was the last thing I would think of  but since the motorcycle wasn't mine and since crazy ideas were popping in my head I had to do that .

I reached the building in one piece before sprinting to the elevator that took me to Brody's apartment in a second.

I know he was going to come home at 6pm and I knew that it was still 5pm but I still couldn't resist feeling guilt and anxiety growing  in my stomach. I mean what if I heard him say the time wrong ? Or what if he suddenly had to come home early ? Or what if - my thoughts crashed together as my mind stopped working when I saw all my fears resembled in one thing , Brody was already home . He stood in front of me wearing a black v-neck shirt with a pair of black washed jeans and a slight angry look on his face .

Oh God , please don't make this bad than what it already looks!! Please don't let him kick me out or hate me ! My heart prayed as I stayed planted in my place waiting for him to make a move or at least say something.

Brody moved toward me before closing the door shut . "You're late" was the first thing he said .
"I-" I was about to reply by saying I can explain but then the sentence he said stroke me out of question "Late ??"  What's that supposed to mean ? I stayed quiet not really sure of how to respond.

"The spaghetti had cooled down and I've been waiting for you since like 10 minutes " he construed . I tried to play along and act like everything is fine but I just couldn't quite figure out if this was a joke he sit up or was he saying this for real .
"Umm-well-it's-" I couldn't form a proper sentence before he interrupted " save this for later , I'm hungry and you must be too so let's eat first " .

Brody walked into the kitchen as I followed suit. I sat across the table facing him while we ate our lunch in amiable silence.

The spaghetti was so luscious it made me rethink about my cooking skills and about Brody's personality . I mean we were still strangers to each other. Maybe he took cooking classes before or even he was a secret chef that only showed up in fancy restaurants. Who knows ? Coz for a fact I don't and I don't dare ask him anything right now since I was at fault here .

I took a sip from my strawberry juice before placing it back on the table and asking awkwardly " so um- you won't ask me about the reason I took your motorcycle?" .
He looked away from his plate only to look me in the eyes and reply with a shrug " I'm sure you have your own reasons " .

"You didn't think that I may had stolen your motorcycle , did you ? " I questioned again .
"Well that didn't pass by my mind since I knew even if you would steal it you'd  come back again to take your little bag " he responded casually not bothering this time to look at me straight .

A few moments passed before his head jerked toward my direction swiftly asking me an unthinkable question that threw me dumbfounded "I didn't mean to ask you this but , have you ever tried to commit suicide before ?" .