Chapter 16

Today my hair was made up into a perfect bun , okay nearly perfect. It's been along time since I lifted my hair up like this that I almost forgot how to do it .

I walked into the kitchen to be greeted by my best friend Brody , he had already made breakfast and was seated on his chair . I greeted him back and sat across from him with a big smile on my face . I was super happy to feel his presence, his existence in my life .

After breakfast we decided to watch a movie and drink some coffee . And while I was walking toward the sofa I felt Brody's hand caress a small spot at the back of my neck . His touch was soft and almost unnoticeable and for some reason I didn't seem bothered by it .

"What are these?!!" He asked slowly , astounded by the sight of the two marks on my neck . A star and a heart were the shapes of these marks that were placed next to each other .

"Birthmarks , they're birthmarks " I answered truthfully . My hair was always down hiding these marks to the fact where I forgot I even had them.

"Just birthmarks ? I mean they don't seem like normal birthmarks to me" he said as we both took a seat on the sofa leaving the TV off .

"Actually , they're not JUST birthmarks, they're special marks . Or so I've been told ." I spoke confirming what was already confirmed.

He nodded before asking , his face somehow looking very concerned  " did you show them to anyone ? I mean , does anyone know about them ?" .

"My parents were the only ones who knew about them . I mean you as Brody as Muffin didn't know about them , why would you think that someone else did ?!" I joked as a slight smile danced on his lips before I completed " They've always told me to hide these marks from people but whenever I'd ask them why , they would say that I'll  understand once I'm old enough " .

Brody didn't say anything , he just looked at me with his face expressionless and his eyes gazed into mine without giving me the feeling that they were . He was surely in deep thought . And his eyes suddenly snapped before  he instantly stood up and went to his room . His actions really left me dumbfounded . I mean why would he run to his room like that ? And does it have anything to do with my marks ? And why is he even interested in them ?

Five minutes passed before my patience ran out and I had to know what was wrong so I followed him to his room . I entered slowly as my eyes examined his room . It was pretty normal , it wasn't too messy nor was it so neat . Just a normal nineteen year old guy room . It contained a king sized bed, a wall wardrobe, a wide black desk , and a big shelf that had an unfamiliar devices . Okay I take my words back , it wasn't so normal once you notice the weird devices .

I walked over to where he was sitting and leaned over the table a bit to see what he was doing . His fingers were quickly typing something on the flying keyboard in front of him while his eyes were focused on some small blood device that was placed on the desk . He seemed so occupied to the fact were I thought he didn't notice me .

A moment passed before an old research was shown  before us . Brody skimmed through the research before stopping on some bold ,older writings  and reading them  loudly enough for me to hear .

"2000 years ago the great planet of Xia Charmannia had incurred to an outer space invasion in which a lot of damage was caused and a lot of people had to migrate but that was until Cruze 30May showed up , he was the first guy to stand up against these invaders-" Brody then paused before jumping to another paragraph " all of the descendants who came after him and carried the same blood he did had some special marks- a star and a heart-  that proved they have universal powers .  " and with that Brody was done reading , not that no more paragraphs were written, but because we both already knew what this meant.