Chapter 63

Faith POV: I inhaled and braced myself for what I was about to do. Just as the knife was about to touch my body the phone rang and I dropped it. I really didn't want to answer the phone, but something in my mind told me to. I tried to compose myself a little before answering it, but I was still sobbing. "Hello?" I said when I answered. "Faith, honey why are you crying? What's wrong?" My dad said on the other line. "Dad?" "Yes honey, why are you crying?" "It's Tim." "Did he hurt you? I swear to God Faith if he hurt you I'm gonna kill him!" "No, it's not like that." "What is it then?" He said. I explained everything to him the best I could. I'm surprised he could even understand me with as much as I was crying. "Dad, I wanna come home. I don't think I can handle it here anymore." "Well, if your sure about this I can be up there in a couple of hours." "I'm sure dad. I need to come home." "Alright, well you stay put and I'll be there soon." "Wait dad!" "Huh?" "Is there a reason you called me?" "Oh yeah, I almost forgot. The reason I was calling was you got a letter here today." He said. "A letter? Why didn't they just send it up here?" "It didn't come through the mail...Rick's brother Mark came and dropped it off." I was so confused. If Mark wanted to talk to me, why didn't he just call me or send me the letter in the mail? I gave him my address before I left Mississippi. "Did you open it?" I asked dad. "No, Mark said it was important that I give it right to you the next time I saw you. He wouldn't tell me anything else." "That's strange." I said. "Listen, I'm getting in the truck now. I'll give you the letter when I get there. I love you and I'll be there soon." "Love you too dad...see you soon." I said then we hung up.