Prologue: Kindergarten

A crowd of people bustled outside the entrance of Lumiose Kindergarten. Children tearfully hugged their parents goodbye, and mothers waved their sons and daughters off at the gates. 

A little girl with honey blonde locks clutched her mother's leg with fright, not wanting to leave. She peered from behind her mother, seeing all the other little boys and girls enter the classroom, laughing and chattering. But there was still no sign of him.

Grace knelt down so she was eye to eye with her daughter. "Serena," she said gently, "It's time to go now."

Serena shook her head violently. "No," she said stubbornly. "I want to stay with you!" She buried her head into her mother's chest, sobbing. 

Her mother stroked her hair. "But Serena, it will be heaps of fun! You'll make lots of new friends, play games, and learn new things! It will only be for a few hours, and then I will come and pick you up at the end of the day!" she exclaimed. Serena still shook her head. "No!" she said again. 

By now most of the children were inside, and class was going to start soon. Grace cupped her hand under her daughter's chin, and lifted her face up. Her daughter's cerulean eyes were like pools of water, tears still rolling down her face.

"Serena," her mother whispered gently. "Are you scared?"

The little girl nodded tearfully, her honey blonde locks bouncing up and down as she did so. She hugged her mother tightly again. Grace sighed, not knowing what to do next.

"Serena!" a voice called from the distance. A little raven haired boy ran up to Serena, his own mother struggling to keep up with him.

"Hi Ms. Yvonne!" the boy exclaimed happily. Grace laughed. "Good morning Ash!" 

His mother, Delia, ran up behind him. "Ash!" she scolded. " How many times to I have to tell you not to run off like that?!" She turned to Grace, and smiled. "Sorry about that Grace." 

Delia frowned when she saw Serena crying. Ash knelt down next to the little girl. "Serena," he whispered, tapping the girl's shoulder gently. 

Serena turned around, tears still in her eyes, but smiled happily when she saw her best friend. "Ash!" she cried happily, giving the boy a hug. He immediately hugged her back. "Serena! Why are you crying for?" he asked.

Serena leant over to whisper in his ear. "I'm scared," she said, trembling. 

Ash stood up, then gave her his hand. He pulled her up, then said "Remember Serena - don't give up till it's over! I'll be with you the whole time!"

Serena laughed, and nodded. And with that, the two best friends walked through the doors together.

Yassss!!! First chapter done! It's a little short, but it's only meant to be a taster for what's to come. So what do you guys think so far? Be sure to let me know your opinion in the comments below, and if you liked it don't forget to vote!!!

If I get the chance today, or if I feel like it, I might post another chapter of this story, or maybe another of the Alola one. 

Speaking of my Alola story - I want to thank everyone for taking the time to read it, and for all the comments and questions. I will try to update whenever I can, but I still have school, so unfortunately, that comes first.

Thx! xoxo Scarlet