Chapter 2: Closer

The video above is an AMV by PRB12!!!!! But anyways, hope you guys enjoy this chapter! So let's begin!

Serena's POV

Serena stared at her reflection, pressing the pretty red summer dress against her body. She attempted to look serious, striking a pose. She stuck out her tongue. "I can't wear that!" she decided, and dumped the outfit onto her bed - which was barely visible underneath the mound of dresses, skirts, and blouses.

She went back to her wardrobe, sifting through the clothes on the rack, then pulled out the one at the end. She quickly put on the black tank top and red miniskirt, then pulled on a pair of black over-the-knee socks. Serena tied the laces of her black and pink Converses, then placed a pink hat with a black bow on top of her honey blonde locks.

"There!" she said, and did a quick twirl. She picked up her pink shoulder bag, and slung it onto her shoulder. She was about to walk out of the room when a bright blue object caught her eye. She walked over to her desk, and picked up the familiar blue ribbon.

She closed her eyes, as the memories came flooding back to her...

(Flashback)

Serena lay down on the bright green grass of Lumiose Park, and stared up at the white fluffy clouds in the sky. Suddenly a familiar face stared down at her, blocking the light."Come on Serena! Why don't you go and play hide and seek with all the others?" Her mother helped her to her feet, and pointed to the large oak tree, where all the other kids were gathered.

"Do I have to?" she whispered. Her mother gave her a hug. "Go on Serena! It will be good for you to make some new friends!" Serena walked slowly towards the group, immediately feeling shy. She pulled down the brim of her pink sun hat, and stood at the back of the crowd.

A group of children were already gathered by the tree, chattering excitedly. A kid with spiky brown hair raised his voice so he could be heard. "Oi! Listen up everyone! I'm in this round, and the rest of you guys go and hide!"

The kid next to him, rolled his eyes. "No fair!" he said, the wind ruffling his messy black hair. "You're always in Gary!"

Gary sighed. "Fine. You can be it in the next round Ash. Happy?" Then he put his back against the tree and grinned wickedly. "Now ready? GO!" The other kids scattered, pushing against one another. Serena became lost in the middle of the crowd, and felt the panic rising up in her throat.

She wildly looked around her for an opening, then saw one to her left. Serena put her head down and ran to her left, pushing past people. She could still hear Gary counting down in the distance.

Serena kept running, and running, pushing past leaves and branches, and didn't stop until she couldn't hear Gary anymore. She opened her eyes and found that she was in the forest. Alone.

She scanned her surroundings. Every tree looked the same. The forest seemed to be swallowing her. She choked back a sob, and walked slowly back in the direction she had come from.

"AHHHH!" she screamed, as she fell forward over a large tree root. Serena skidded across the forest floor, scraping her knee. She slowly sat up, and glanced at her knee. It was all scratched and muddy, and blood welled up from the wound. Tears started to roll down her cheeks, and she curled up - tucking her knees into her chest - and cried.

Suddenly, she heard a rustling sound in the trees. She stopped crying and looked up - her eyes wide with fear. A boy poked his head through the trees. "Hellooooooo?" he called. "Anyone there?" His eyes widened when he saw her, then his gaze dropped to the cut on her knee.